Who else wants to see a 22" Istanbul Agop 40th Anniversary ride?

marc3k

Reaction score
I have a 22" 30th anniversary which I really like - but currently I'm more into drier cymbals (play a turk jazz ride and a signature ride), therefore I would like it to be just a little bit drier than the 30th anniversary.

jsp210

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes please. I would definitely be interested in seeing some at heavier weights. The common weight ranges seen on the 30th Anniversary and pretty much everything else Agop offers typically falls a couple hundred grams or more short of what I would think would be optimal for my tastes. I have special ordered some at heavier weights but they only do it for a few of the lines.

f.stahlenius

Reaction score
Yes please. I would definitely be interested in seeing some at heavier weights. The common weight ranges seen on the 30th Anniversary and pretty much everything else Agop offers typically falls a couple hundred grams or more short of what I would think would be optimal for my tastes. I have special ordered some at heavier weights but they only do it for a few of the lines.
Yep, same thing here with special orders. Sometimes they turn out really well, sometimes it's like "well, there's a reason why they make them at this particular weight"... However, actually saw/heard a new (a bit) heavier 20" 30th ride yesterday (video title says "Medium" but I wouldn't call it that):

Most people crave the lighter stuff, especially 30th, Signature and artist signature lines. I've heard a couple of 22" OM rides well below normal weight, as well as a crazy thin 22" Idris ride. Stumbled upon a heavier 22" OM once that was gorgeous, though. And own a 22" 30th at 2016 gram, and had a 22" Signature ride at crazy thin 1735 grams. Apples and oranges, I guess. I prefer avocado.

• Haha
Reactions: JDA

Tracktuary

Reaction score
I have a 20" Agop 30th at 2069g that I may be willing to sell. The stick definitely doesn't get lost, but it still has a lower wash/crash.