Who had the best ''Sonor'' Kits?

mebeatee

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think of all the Sonor guys Phil Rudd probably influenced the least amount of drummers to go buy a Sonor kit .
A most excellent point....especially given the exposure...
It must also be noted where in the world one is located. Here in Canada Sonor drums were ridiculously expensive in comparison with the major brands. You could only dream and drool...... There was also an issue with a little overkill buildwise....;)
Fast forward to where there is a little more level playing field between brands and I'm in Eastern Europe, Baltics, and Russia using back line kits...some Yamaha and Tama.....but tons of Sonor kits. Way more than other brands.
I then tour North America....tons of Yamaha and Tama kits....nary a Sonor kit. Other parts of the world may be different again still.

To the original point...maybe this is a good thing because there are drummers and then there's Phil!!!!
bt

Sonorholic

DFO Star
Reaction score
I prefer the small kits too, but Jacks Sonorlite was nice. The Black/Copper combo is still a favorite. Seeing the Shannon Jackson link takes me back to seeing him in NYC early 80's.. just incredible.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
" when on tour thru out Europe do as the drums that are provided for You do"...
(same as above)

(spoiler: chrome snare is Premier)

Last edited:

toddbishop

Reaction score
Joey Baron got a great sound on those early Bill Frisell records. I think he was using Sonor Lites.

UptownShakedown

Reaction score