Who has Black Fridayed?

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sweetwater got some of my Black Friday shopping, including two Blue mics and my favorite drum mic, the Roland drum trigger/mic for a paltry $99.

I also bought another bike frame that I have to hide from Mrs. Dumpy.

What have you Black Fridayed thus far?

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of my BF has been and will be non drum-related. Mostly gifts for the family’s wish list and clothes for myself since I’ve lost about 70 lbs since March and even my old “skinny” clothes are too big on me.

I did just score a Yamaha “Hip” drum set a week ago with a pre holiday 20% off coupon from GC, so there’s that.

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
just picked up a new 18 med thin A from drumming deals.com that they had on the live stream this morning. was 50% off. also got a 24" cymbal bag as it was a great deal as well and I didn't have a bag that can fit larger cymbals.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I snagged Fab Filter Pro Q3 which is an equalizer plug-in. It’ll be used when I’m mixing drums and other stuff, to keep it drum related.

Cherry Audio was also giving away a synth plug-in based on an old Radio Shack (Realistic) synth from the 80s. If you go to Cherry Audio it might still be there for free. I messed with it a little and it sounds really good.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of my BF has been and will be non drum-related. Mostly gifts for the family’s wish list and clothes for myself since I’ve lost about 70 lbs since March and even my old “skinny” clothes are too big on me.

I did just score a Yamaha “Hip” drum set a week ago with a pre holiday 20% off coupon from GC, so there’s that.
I hope I’m not prying too much, but did you mean to lose all that weight?

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I snagged Fab Filter Pro Q3 which is an equalizer plug-in. It’ll be used when I’m mixing drums and other stuff, to keep it drum related.

Cherry Audio was also giving away a synth plug-in based on an old Radio Shack (Realistic) synth from the 80s. If you go to Cherry Audio it might still be there for free. I messed with it a little and it sounds really good.
In my gear drunkenness, I almost forgot picking this up, too. It's kind of a channel strip plug-in with eq, compression, distortion etc and some other cool tricks. I have the other stuff from Korneff and when they announced this new "AIP" plug-in yesterday at a discount, my wallet didn't allow me to think it over. They make great stuff.

Korneff AIP.jpg

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Nope. It's me,the boy and the cat. The cat got a big heap of catnip to play in. The boy just discovered a box of Hank the Cowdog books. And I'm scheming to try and make best of use the next bit of project time I get. All are happy. My wife is out in the Black Friday crowds doing what she loves however.

KevinD

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sweetwater has a great BF deal on Ultimate Support cases @ $79. (Didn't even know they were still making those)
I bought a set a few years ago...sturdy BUT they run very tight.. getting my 8 x 12 tom w RIMS mount into the 9 x 12 case (diameter wise) was really tough, and my 14 x 22 BD was a very tight fit as well... so that can be a pain, esp after a gig when you don't feel like fiddling with something like that.

Still a good deal especially if you are just looking for a storage solution.

Last edited:

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Sweetwater has a great BF deal on Ultimate Support cases @ $79.
Fantastic Bag Set! I have the standard sized version, they're as good or better than most of the more popular & expensive bags. Stout & durable, really nice quality, especially for that price. Highly recommended!

drumsforme

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a used Black Panther Premium Snare 5.5x13" on the GC used. It was priced at $149 which is a great price and still had the factory heads in almost like new condition, meaning it was not played much. No Black Friday discounts but the price was good as I have been shopping for one for weeks.