Who has Black Fridayed?

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, sorry I should have clarified that. It's intentional. Smaller portions, rarely eating out, and switched from craft beers to Miller Lite. I'm fine, thanks.
Glad to hear it. I can relate although I lost 30 lbs due to other big issues that happened exactly when the pandemic was first taking off.. my health and the health of my family among them.

My fat guy clothes are looking baggy and the skinny stuff fits again.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm choosing plugins for a UAD bundle as we speak, in the last month I bought a drumkit and overhead mics so I'm starting to be a little tapped out at th moment. My daughter who's learning bass recently saw the movie Scott Pilgrim vs the world and she now wants a Fireglo 4003 Rickenbacker bass. Now, I wouldn't mind getting one of these because they're so damn freaking awesome. But nobody stocks em new anywhere in Canada, I have been told that lead times are in excess of a year long and the used prices (especially for the 70's ones) are just ridonculous.

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm choosing plugins for a UAD bundle as we speak, in the last month I bought a drumkit and overhead mics so I'm starting to be a little tapped out at th moment. My daughter who's learning bass recently saw the movie Scott Pilgrim vs the world and she now wants a Fireglo 4003 Rickenbacker bass. Now, I wouldn't mind getting one of these because they're so damn freaking awesome. But nobody stocks em new anywhere in Canada, I have been told that lead times are in excess of a year long and the used prices (especially for the 70's ones) are just ridonculous.
Nice on the UAD stuff, nice on the Scott Pilgrim, and nice on the Rick :D

What plugins are you looking at? I'm fully in the UAD ecosystem at this point :D

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least she has a good ear and eye. The Ricks are awesome.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
At least she has a good ear and eye. The Ricks are awesome.
Yeah she has, I have the guitar version in niteglo(black) the 620, the same model that Tom Petty has on the cover of Damn the torpedoes. A sleeper rock guitar if there ever was one. Way snarlier than people expect. I was kind of happy that she got hooked on Scott Pilgrim, that movie was scored by Nigel Godrich so it sparked her interest in a whole world of cool stuff that most of the kids her age don't even know, let alone like. So if it costs the price of an amazing bass that, let's face it, I'd put to good use, I'm more than fine with that.

As for the plugins, I need a sweepable EQ so I chose the Brainworx one. I also took the Maag EQ4, my brother who's a full fledged producer, owns the hardware version of a lot of these plugins and he used to have the EQ3d after wich the Maag was modeled. I remember liking it very much to open the top end on mixes. Then the Capitol chambers as well. And I'm still on the fence for the 4th one, between the SPL twin tube processor and the Brainworx saturator for a "color" plugin. Watching YT review vids with my cart page open as we speak.

I did my first test drums recordings a few days ago and was really extremely pleased with the results. The UAD stuff is ridiculously instinctive and easy to use. And I took a guess on my OH mics, wishing that the dark-ish Beyer m160 ribbons would soften the over brightness of my room and it did so, with flying colors. I will soon post sound clips when I have it mixed but even the naked tracks without comp or EQ are very surprising. The two m160 in "Recorderman" position, a Beyer M88 on the kick and a Unidyne 545 on the snare. Instant Zep feel. The tone, not my playing, that goes without saying ;-)

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Nothing drum related. Just some security cameras. Last month someone stole a patio chair and table off our porch so we need something before replacing the furniture.

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I placed a nice order on Musician's Friend only to have half of my items cancelled two days later. They must have been sniped right out of my shopping cart before I completed my transaction.
I do have a K Hybrid 11" splash on the way.. I think...

Redbeard77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've scored some deals on accessories like a Protection Racket snare bag and Evans RealFeel practice kick pad. And I finally got around to upgrading the throwoff on my Supra to a P88AC.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No drum stuff for me. I just got that Super Brass snare a couple of weeks ago so I'm pretty done with that. I'm good!
Black Friday was for my wife and family. I got her a Kitchenaid mixer, rice cooker and an Espresso machine. She deserves that and more!
For the house I got a Roomba vacuum and a larger TV for the living room. I bought new luggage as well. Best Buy, Sam's club & Ebags.com! Black Friday & Cyber Monday is definitely the time of the year to save.

Last edited:

ronnieDee

Reaction score
Sweetwater got some of my Black Friday shopping, including two Blue mics and my favorite drum mic, the Roland drum trigger/mic for a paltry $99.

I also bought another bike frame that I have to hide from Mrs. Dumpy.

What have you Black Fridayed thus far?
drums and bikes fie me also. being a true cyclist, what bike frame?

Dumpy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
drums and bikes fie me also. being a true cyclist, what bike frame?
I bought a GT Globetrotter. Yep- another BMX bike. Building them is incredibly addictive! This one is going to buck the trend and will be a front brake only bike.

Tman

Reaction score
Sweetwater got some of my Black Friday shopping, including two Blue mics and my favorite drum mic, the Roland drum trigger/mic for a paltry $99.

I also bought another bike frame that I have to hide from Mrs. Dumpy.

What have you Black Fridayed thus far?
Guilty as charged.