Who has the most faithful Ludwig looking green sparkle wrap?

CaptainCrunch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Where Black is the color, where None is the number
I think if you put a 1970 kit in a time machine and put them next to a brand-new 2019 kit, they'd be very close.

If you're talking a match to what they look like now, a couple suppliers are doing custom wraps where you basically pick your Pantone shade over sparkle or pearl. BHarrington did this one a few years back from Precision, and it's jaw-dropping how good it looks.

Is that what you were asking?

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
The sparkle wraps available today all come from the same source, Delmar. There are slight variations from batch to batch though so one distributor's Green sparkle might be a slight bit different from another's if they were made in different batches. Of course that applied back in the day when Ludwig was buying wrap too so that makes it all a bit of a crap shoot. And back then there were several companies making drum wrap, whereas today there is just the one making traditional wrap. So, chances are that not all Ludwig green sparkle was exactly the same originally. Based on that I'd say most any green sparkle you buy today is going to be pretty close, or as close as you'd be able to come anyway, short of getting some of the custom colored stuff like Captaincrunch mentioned above (available from Precision and Drum Maker)

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks guys. This is helpful! I may try it on my own. But I also have a local guy that does good work. I know it will be expensive, so I just need to think about it.