Who is going to go pick this up and mail it to me?

tkillian

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to hop on over and buy this for me and send it to Corning?

Hah.

WOW....yeah, I know there is the crack but .....jeez.....a little super glue and you are good to go

Only thing is that tom arm looks like its too short.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to hop on over and buy this for me and send it to Corning?

Hah.

WOW....yeah, I know there is the crack but .....jeez.....a little super glue and you are good to go

Only thing is that tom arm looks like its too short.

The link shows a much higher price. They have Yamaha mounts with a long horizontal pole for the tom that were made for the older style mounts.
If you're looking for a nice natural bop set, there's a Mapex Saturn Manhattan set on reverb cheap. It's been there for a while so the seller might reduce the price.

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
My link says $1700 for 3 piece.
Im not looking for a kit. I was just bringing it to everyones attention in a humorous way.

I was under the impression they are really expensive. Maybe i was thinking of phoenix series?

Last edited:

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
$2669 when I open it.
Go to other listings and it is blank, not even that kit??

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
$1700 here also local pu only

here the mapex Clifton Park, NY
Yuck. I had a college student who played that exact kit...not my cup of tea at all.
Besides the sound I just cannot stand the look/lugs and name. A little ocd but....just an opinion.

But he loved them and the reverb price is a steal. They are really really well made drums for sure.

Beautiful finishes and perfect edges. I played a maple Manhattan kit for 3 years.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for a nice natural bop set, there's a Mapex Saturn Manhattan set on reverb cheap. It's been there for a while so the seller might reduce the price.
Yuck. I had a college student who played that exact kit...not my cup of tea at all.
Besides the sound I just cannot stand the look/lugs and name. A little ocd but....just an opinion.
carry on

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
I thought at one time you liked MAPEX Tom.
Sometimes we buy drums or cymbals and after we realize we made a mistake go through a period if trying to convince ourselves its great or its the player not the equipment..blah..blah..blah.

I just didnt like the sound of them after a while. And the feel.

I even had precision drum re cut all the bearing edges to a round over....

Sold them to a jazz drum set major at the new school about 2 months later and got a set of gretsch broadkasters..which i should have kept! Loved that gunmetal grey...great drums...hated the tom arm though. It was a beast

Reactions: JDA