header.nohb.html

Who is playing British Drum Co?

richardh253

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few years back when BDC finally got US distribution they made a splash. Portsmouth in particular really pushed them

I've had a few of their snares, still have my perfect Bluebird, the best-looking art deco snare I've ever seen.

Just curious who out there is playing BDC kits (or snares) and some photos would be nice.

Seems like high quality stuff but wondering if after the initial push they've faltered in the US market?

BDCO_BLUEBIRD_14X6-1__35065.1576865632.jpg

GretschMan61

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was sorely tempted to purchase the pictured Legend Series kit pictured here from Forum Member Murat’s shop . All Scandinavian Birch plies with an outer ply of Burled ash . The drums sound absolutely fantastic . Fortunately for my wallet I had already purchased a Gretsch USA Custom kit earlier this year that I like even more .
Murat sold this BDC kit the other day .
9F8E49B7-DF6B-473A-9578-2F9B99564E55.jpeg

Trommeslager

Reaction score
BDC not falter in US … Number of
drummer who import costly drums never a high number compared to say, Tama. Some drivers prefer the Lancia cars, but most say BMW is the better because the girl do not know what Lancia is.

Mayan

Reaction score
W
BDC not falter in US … Number of
drummer who import costly drums never a high number compared to say, Tama. Some drivers prefer the Lancia cars, but most say BMW is the better because the girl do not know what Lancia is.
Well, I’m a boy (a man @ age 43, actually), but I admit, if I had ever heard of Lancia before, I had forgotten. Google helped.

1669558785417.jpeg

The 1963 Lancia Flaminia is a beautiful car.

Now back to BDC…

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I have only recently gotten interested in BDC. Not sure how well known they are in the US, and if I had to guess, they will probably remain overshadowed by American brands like Ludwig and DW, and even the well known Asian stuff like Tama and Pearl. Read: the same place in the market that Premier occupied.

cribbon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wanted to because I really liked BDC's Imp kit (16k/10,13f) but at ~$2K, I could't justify it. Luckily (?) for me they discontinued it, so it's moot. Recently I was in touch with a gentleman in the UK who had one for sale and with the current exchange rate, I could have maybe sorta possibly convince myself to spring for it, but the shipping put it out of reach.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think I am one of their first dealers in North America . During the pandemic I did not bring as many of their products as I would like but as things are better now, I bring a lot of their stuff and they always sell fast. I just sent that set that Rick was talking about to the US, alongside a Bluebird and an Icarus snare. Canadian market loves this brand too.
It is not easy to break into the North American market...Lots of brands with well deserved reputations. I think BDC is slowly finding its space here though. Once people see, feel, touch, they see that this is a serious brand.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
Some drivers prefer the Lancia cars, but most say BMW is the better because the girl do not know what Lancia is.

Well, I’m a boy (a man @ age 43, actually), but I admit, if I had ever heard of Lancia before, I had forgotten. Google helped.

A little helpful context for Peter Gabriel fans, who may have seen a Lancia Flavia without realizing it.

Owned by Hipgnosis's Storm Thorgerson, actually.

pete's lancia.png

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murat and others...
How does BDC compare to Natal?

just curious.

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

These are really nice drums IMO. , I think they would of been moving much more of their product if they had some really nice finish options which they have updated recently but for this kind of money I think the selection should be better and more vast.. At least they are ahead of current Yamaha pro level finish offerings LOL

I like that right when they came on the scene all of their hardware fittings on the drums were their own design.. They didn't run to the generic parts bin like a couple of "Premium" brands still do to this day.

Last edited:

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I have their Impe Kit it is quite good, and maybe the best small, (not Bop) kit out there
The toms sing and the kick has punch and gives me enough resistance, their whole line up is quite impressive.

xtranoise

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like I read about BDC here on the forums regularly and knew @Murat is a dealer. I have never seen one in person though. Maybe not as popular as I thought but everything I read is positive.

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were in the market for a new kit (I’m not), it would almost certainly be BDC.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Reaction score
I was sorely tempted to purchase the pictured Legend Series kit pictured here from Forum Member Murat’s shop . All Scandinavian Birch plies with an outer ply of Burled ash . The drums sound absolutely fantastic . Fortunately for my wallet I had already purchased a Gretsch USA Custom kit earlier this year that I like even more .
Murat sold this BDC kit the other day . View attachment 594650
The finish on that kit is outstanding.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Murat and others...
How does BDC compare to Natal?

just curious.
I wish I had experience with Natal but I do not. I wanted to carry them but because of some regional issues it did not work out at the time and by the time they were available to me I lost interest. The one snare I played on was very well made, sounded great.

Johnnydova

Reaction score
Last summer when on the hunt for their Talisman Snare, I contacted several dealers to get best price quote. The BDC website did list a ton of dealers when I was researching. I even contacted EMD Music, the BDC distributor and they told me several dealers I contacted can't sell the Talisman unless they stock kits and snares in their stores. Long story short, I did get the Talisman "BUT" BDC is parting ways with EMD and now distributes direct to dealers thus eliminating confusion and the middle man. Lastly, the Icarus is flying to me thanks to Murat @Drummers Hangout!