Who is running ads in the middle of my screen?

utdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
STOP IT!!! I came here to be informed and entertained, not look at your sheeet ads that have nothing to do with drums! Seriously move the ads to the bottom of the page. Your greed is showing...

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
You'll need to just install an ad blocker. Phone and laptop. I've argued with the forum people here about their particular ad system, and got nowhere. They don't want to hear it. Even THEY told me to use an ad blocker, even though obviously that defeats the whole point of them running ads at all.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Any link to a reliable free ad blocker? I've never used one. Does it block all pop-up ads? Any problems with using it? Unintended consequences? I'm a certified computer dummy, so pardon the ignorant questions.

GeeDeeEmm

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I use Adblock Plus on my Macbook and Adguard on my iPhone. They both work well, and neither of them has given me any hassles.

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
If the various ad blockers are free, what's in it for them? You know what they say, if it's free, YOU are the product (like FB, or this site, for that matter). Do the ad-blockers sell data? Or do they hit you with -- um -- ads?

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If the various ad blockers are free, what's in it for them? You know what they say, if it's free, YOU are the product (like FB, or this site, for that matter). Do the ad-blockers sell data? Or do they hit you with -- um -- ads?
They take donations

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sweetwater is back in that sweet spot again, overriding the neatest button.

fibes3

Reaction score
STOP IT!!! I came here to be informed and entertained, not look at your sheeet ads that have nothing to do with drums! Seriously move the ads to the bottom of the page. Your greed is showing...
I have Ad Block plus for Samsung Galaxy s7.
No ads at all.

noreastbob

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I use Chrome on my laptop and it must include some ad blocking 'cause all I see are ads on the top and bottom and a couple on the side that I don't even notice. I don't come here on my phone.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have learned to live with the ads. Amazing what you can tolerate when you are not paying for something. :)

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I got what you described today for the first time. It took me to a full page site for some jewelry company. It was hard to get back here. The back button didn't seem to want to work but I eventually got back.

I have gotten used to the ads and they don't really bother me. I just ignore them on my chromebook, am blocking them on my windows PC and generally aren't a problem on my Android phone.

The Ad situation is vastly improved since the site software upgrade so all in all it is not as bad as it was but I do have a problem with my device being redirected to a different site. That is extremely dangerous if the site being served up by the advertising service is a compromised site.

MntnMan62

Reaction score
Here's a question for the OP. If the ads showing at the top of the screen allow the site to remain free to use for members, and therefore you get your information and entertainment, why do you care about an ad that takes up all of small fraction of the screen area? Capitalism is what allows you to speak you the freedom to speak your mind and do what you want. Allow capitalism to do it's thing. It works.

Latest posts