header.nohb.html

Who Is the Best Drummer You've Seen This Year?

langmick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Was not a fan of the show, Rog is so depressing and fake, but Joey Waronker is a killer player. Really enjoy his sound and groove. He can play those Floyd tunes so well, and has a real dead sound which fits and is massive. Highlight of the show.

Saw Marc Laflamme with The Musical Box, he nails those crazy Phil parts in the Lamb and pulls off vocals.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I That sounds odd to me, I often wish Warren would tone it down a bit and wail a little less
Greg Morrow, with Joe Bonamassa.
Totally played for the music. Every stroke in its place perfectly. I only wish I had that kind of self control.
He’s with Bonamassa now ?
I saw him in the early 80s with DeGarmo & Key ….

RyanLovesDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
To be honest, I can’t think of any shows I’ve seen all year but I went to see Smokey Robinson last night and it was great. Smokey is 82 and moved around the stage like he was much much younger. His voice is still in tact too. The drummer had a big set of DW’s and was solid. Nicely tuned drums and kept it simple.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll see Brian Blade next month at Monterey Jazz. The drum solos of two nights of Dead & Co. thus far......

Gunnellett

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Micheal Quinn. He is the drummer for Dermot Kennedy.

Holy crap, Micheal killed it. His energy and playing really drove the band for the entire performance. Loved it!

Plaid Sabbath

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caught Jason Bonham a couple months ago With his LZ tribute show.

Going to catch Duran Duran next weekend. Iron Maiden tickets for an early October show at The UC in Chicago.

5 Style

DFO Star
Reaction score
I'm a roadie for a local jazz festival so I see a lot of shows. This year I got to see some great drummers including Kendrick Scott, Makaya McCravin and Nate Smith.

wikkid1

Reaction score
Conrad Real at the Hilton concerts at NAMM. Usually plays for Digable Planets but was playing with a funk/R&B band from Seattle that had the crowd bouncing the whole time. Wish I had gotten their name.