Who Is The Most Famous Person You’ve Met?

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
I hate to admit that I have never heard of many of these celebrities. LAUGH! Speaking of Evel Knievel, I saw him in a night club back in the 70's. Looked short with a huge head. It seemed like the coolest name to have in a night club though. I just laughed. Ace

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
Similar encounters were Barry Williams at a dinner theater,
I met Barry when he came to ISU in '93 or '94. My roommates and I were ecstatic and got his autograph. LOL. So we also went to his play at Conklin Dinner Theater. He was super nice and gracious.

Ickybaby

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I met Barry when he came to ISU in '93 or '94. My roommates and I were ecstatic and got his autograph. LOL. So we also went to his play at Conklin Dinner Theater. He was super nice and gracious.
It was 1993, same time frame and one of the places I saw him. I had him autograph my Brady Kids "Recycled" album at a book signing he did at Eastland Mall. Conklin had a number of celebrities come there for performances at that time...Donny Most, Larry Linville, and a few others.

phdamage

Reaction score
played drums for Steve Aoki's punk band way back. we were very close friends. the band was not great but it was fun. we drifted long ago - no bad blood.

went to college with Interpol. played in a band with their first drummer. he was an awful drummer and an even worse person. rest of the guys were okay.

drumaniac

DFO Star
Reaction score
I hate to admit that I have never heard of many of these celebrities. LAUGH! Speaking of Evel Knievel, I saw him in a night club back in the 70's. Looked short with a huge head. It seemed like the coolest name to have in a night club though. I just laughed. Ace
I met him in the 70's at CNE stadium. He was pacing out the jump the day before he jumped 13 Mack trucks at a Lighthouse concert. He actually starting talking to me and a friend first. Was very friendly and relaxed for a guy who was putting his life on the line lol

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ty Law 8 - 2019.jpg
stewart copeland and me 2019.jpg
Ty Law.....greatest cornerback to ever play football.
2nd pic is stewart copeland.
Scott Ian 2014.jpg
Scott from Anthrax.
Donnie Iris and me 2017 .jpg
Greatest live, front man preformer ever.....Donnie Iris.
Chris Adler 2013.jpg
Chip Znuff.jpg
Chris Adler and then Chip Znuff.
2018 DFO Chicago Drum Show pic 2.jpg
The best for last.....the 2018 Chicago Drum show DFO crew.

Last edited:

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
I was "around" a ton of sports celebrities when I set up tournaments (carts) at a popular golf course. Because golf is so humbling and they are out of their element, their (celebrities) egos are checked somewhat, it seems. When Ken Griffey Jr. was a big star, his dad was ordering him around like a kid. "Junior go get me this and that." "Junior" dropped his head and minded like any other kid. It was great. Met Akheem. Met Charles Barkley and Jim Nance. Allen Ashby was one of the course shareholders and he played golf regularly. Keith Fergus was a shareholder too. Ed Fiori played there all the time. Ed came from behind and beat Tiger in the '96 Quad-Cities Classic. Now the John Deere. Ed was the only player to beat Tiger, when Tiger had the lead in the final round, for ten years. Ed got sponsored by Tobasco and wore these wild Tobasco shirts. It was a riot. Ed was short and Tiger would out drive him by 75 yards. The fun thing to do was just stand and listen to players talk. Earl Campbell could go on and on. Ed told funny stuff about Chi Chi. Chi Chi loved prostitutes and had some weird belief about positions of the moon. Laugh! I was at a celebrity golf tournament at another course once. It was on Wednesday and not many people there. I was opposite of Arnold Palmer on the green. The putt lipped out. I had my arms crossed and shaking my head in disbelief at how it stayed out. Then I looked over and Arnie was right next to me mimicking me too. Laugh! Saw Clint Eastwood playing golf. He was still saying "marvelous" when he hit a bad shot. He was very tall and very impressive. A real regular guy. Ace