Who is the one bassist you would love to jam with?

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There’s a lot of great choices, but I cannot say I do the classic bonding with a bass player. I listen to the guitarist more, accent off the vocals, and use the bass to connect us. There’s nothing I hate more than locking with a bassist and the rest of the band just wanking all over us.

Steve Harris
No one could ever gallop without people thinking of him.

TheResonator

Reaction score
John Deacon (Queen) for sure, but he's retired so I'd call Paul Gray (the Damned).
If his line is busy I'd call Bruce Foxton (the Jam).

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
Remember guys, ONE bassist.
The psychology of favorites is definitely a thing! If you have several favored things it’s obviously going to be a feat of mental gymnastics to pick just one. And that compels the question if you found a favorite why were so many more necessary? Some theorize that favoritism fill spiritual voids, but I don’t take it quite that far other than acknowledge that Zen philosophically disavows making distinctions that create a concept of favorites.

Rocco Prestia. Jammed with him once and came away thinking he could make anything I might play feel and sound good, no matter how marginal.

Russian Dragon

Reaction score
Nick Lowe's the easy choice for me. And I haven't seen Mark King's name yet, if Nick's not available. Thanks to all for reminding me of so many guys I haven't heard enough from. To the Videotube!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
All those mentioned would work for me BUT I had the honor of being able to play a song with Jaco back in 1983. He actually came into the club I was playing at and was good friends with our sax player. It was surreal and wonderful.

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nathan East on electric, Ron Carter on acoustic.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I really think this person is underrated but I'm going with Michael Anthony. VH is my favorite band from when I was a kid in the 80's and he seems so damn cool. we could jam for a while then he could take me for a cruise on his boat where we could have a couple of drinks and he could tell me all kind of VH stories.

I know it's just one guy but if not him I would go with Daniel Klein from J Geils Band. He is an awesome bass player and I have loved J Geils band as long as I have loved VH.

Corsair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Honestly, this girl. Found her covers on YouTube and just wow!

A few videos:

Latest posts