Who made this snare?

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm guessing its a made in japan stencil with a new tama throw off. are there any extra holes under the throw?

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Bad wrap, cheesy badge, "slingy" s-hoops, "radio king" lugs and a hack throw = MIJ.

dtk - there are at least two visible holes under the throw.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Same lugs as on my mid-60's Crown snare drum, which was built by Hoshino. I can see that round nut behind the Tama strainer. It's something like the nut used with Slingerland's Zoomatic strainer. My snare has the original strainer and that same nut.

-Mark

Attachments

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
After looking at my MIJ snare drums in my Drum Room, I found one that is most likely what the OP has. The pictures show my "Musketeer" snare drum, before it was detailed. Same lugs and hoops. This is also a Hoshino-built snare drum. The strainer uses that nut and wide hole spacing as those from the OP's snare drum. I was mistaken with my Crown snare, as it does not use that same type of nut.

-Mark

Attachments

Reactions: Ash

Trilock_Gurtu

Reaction score
Yeah, others got it. I think this is Hoshino K built, versus Hoshino G, given the 'shark tooth' type lug. My Baxter has similar type, could be wrong though, I've had a few Bushmills. Not uncommon for people to upgrade the strainers on these.

Ash

Reaction score
Thank y’all for your replies! Much appreciated! Now to research Hoshino!

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, others got it. I think this is Hoshino K built, versus Hoshino G, given the 'shark tooth' type lug. My Baxter has similar type, could be wrong though, I've had a few Bushmills. Not uncommon for people to upgrade the strainers on these.
Yeah, I always get confused as to which "Hoshino" it is! At least I'm in the ballpark!!

-Mark

Latest posts