header.nohb.html

Who would be the fourth head on the Mt. Rushmore of most important, influential drummers?

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
I love Neil and Buddy, but who really emulated them afterwards?

Bonham emulated both Gene and Buddy. Neil got things from both of them as well. Gene and Buddy major influencers of drummers from the 40's to 80's.
Many 60's, 70's, and even 80's rockers cite Buddy and Gene as important influences.

On the original list I agree with Gene.......everyone else is debatable. I'd put Buddy #2 if only because he showed every drummer since what IS possible on the drum kit.

Gene
Buddy
Bonzo

The 4th is very debatable. But I could go with almost anyone. Surprised no one mentioned Papa Jo Jones who heavily influenced all 30's, 40's, and 50's drummers......big band and jazz.
Hal Blaine influenced EVERY drummer of the 1960's, 1970's, 1980's as well. Many of us didn't even know it was him on all those hit records. I didn't know there was a "wrecking crew" until the past 10 yrs.

Last edited:

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Would the back side of the monument look like this?

1654880143285.png

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
Seems to be a lot of agreement with Rolling Stone’s Greatest Drummers of All Time:
5. Hal Blaine
4. Ginger Baker
3. Neil Peart
2. Keith Moon
1. John Bonham

Please, who are your favorite drummers to make this list? Not someone else's list.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Chuck Biscuits! You and I are probably the only two on here who knows him : )
I believe he's still around.

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe he's still around.

If he is, I wish he would drum again.

premierplayer

DFO Master
Reaction score
was an American drummer and session musician,[1] estimated to be among the most recorded studio drummers in the history of the music industry, claiming over 35,000 sessions[1] and 6,000 singles. His drumming is featured on 150 US top 10 hits, 40 of which went to number one. (Wiki)

Hal Blane

BoomBoom

Reaction score
I agree with this list. I love Neil and Buddy, but who really emulated them afterwards?

If you tried to play like Neil in any other rock band you would be fired on the spot for being too busy.

You gotta include Buddy or Gene cuz that's who the early rock guys like Bonzo and Charlie Watts were influenced by.

311Club

Reaction score
Any list that includes Neil Peart and omits Alan Dawson is fundamentally flawed