Why is this not news? (Rogers Dynamatic Hardware)

RyanR

Underaged Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Gotta say that I'm a bit disheartened in this forum that few (or none!) seem to be interested in that, not only is Rogers swan-legged hardware finally back in production (from NAMM 2019), but it's actually available to purchase right now.

Having been a member here for over 10 years, I'd have thought this would be bigger news.

I ordered a HH stand, snare stand, and a cymbal stand this weekend. I'll likely order a 2nd cymbal stand soon as I can evaluate the other stuff when it arrives.

It's neat stuff that actually fills a niche, while being retro at the same time. It's admittedly "modern".... but it's ticking most of the right boxes (except the 8mm cymbal stand tops) that I'm looking for in new hardware.

Has anyone else jumped on board?

-Ryan

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am going to order the cymbal stands and snare stand, but have been waiting for them to be available. Guitar Center has been advertising them for months, but the delivery dates seemed to be a moving target. At least they seem to be in stock, finally.

RyanR

Underaged Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I just heard from the very nice people at Explorers Percussion in:

Explorers percussion
8050 Wornall Road
Kansas City MO 64114

That they have all of this stuff. I ordered direct from Big Bang Distribution this weekend, but found out that they farm out the orders to whatever retailer has it. I found out that most of my stuff is coming from Explorers. They are a Brick and Mortar, so I'm pleased that they got the business.

-Ryan

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Are you referring to the Dyna-Matic Hardware?
It lacks a certain elegance.
The massive wingnuts and foot rubbers and cymbal mount area ... just looks "odd" to me.
I'm sure it appeals to some. Just not for me.

EDIT: I am a HUGE Rogers guy ... just not this remake stuff.

Last edited:

RyanR

Underaged Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I'm not a Rogers guy by any means either. I do have a '69 COB Powertone, but that's it. I'd love to have a Swivo-era kit, but haven't gotten there yet. Worth pointing out that Rogers purists are the biggest critics of the new stuff.

I have always loved the swan leg stuff. Mitch Mitchell used Swivomatic hardware with his Ludwigs.... and Bonham used the swan-legged stuff, too.

The HH stand looks elegantly simple and adjustable where needed, the snare stand is gearless. I was at the local drum shop not long ago and all the HH stands were just monsterous. I'm still using 1960-1970's Ludwig Atlas stuff.

-Ryan

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
The throne is intriguing. At 8.4 lbs that makes it (I think) the lightest throne that has a spindle style height adjustment.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Worth pointing out that Rogers purists are the biggest critics of the new stuff.
I think that depends on which Rogers Facebook page you visit, though.
There are about 5 different ones, but the vast majority of comments I've seen about the new Dyno-Matic hardware have been extremely positive and many appear to be excited about their purchases and express the desire to order more items.

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Don't know where you've been, but this is old news to we Rogers fanatics. There has been lots of discussion here and on the Rogers Facebook sites for a couple of years. Dyna-Sonic snares in numerous classic wrap colors, stands and bass drum pedals have been introduced, and soon, full drum sets.

Jazzhead

Reaction score
I am not a Rogers fanatic but the first drum set I saw that I went wow when I was 12 was a 5 piece white marine pearl Rogers kit.
I wasn’t aware Rogers was in business, After reading the comments here I checked them out on youtube, and honestly it looks strange kind of but I am happy they are back.
To me, Rogers has the most vintage looking drums among all vintage kits, maybe it is their lugs and finishes I don’t know, maybe I am not used to it, but making a brand new Rogers Dynasonic that looks very similar to the vintage one seemed weird to me. I think Rogers should be vintage haha

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am not a Rogers fanatic but the first drum set I saw that I went wow when I was 12 was a 5 piece white marine pearl Rogers kit.
I wasn’t aware Rogers was in business, After reading the comments here I checked them out on youtube, and honestly it looks strange kind of but I am happy they are back.
To me, Rogers has the most vintage looking drums among all vintage kits, maybe it is their lugs and finishes I don’t know, maybe I am not used to it, but making a brand new Rogers Dynasonic that looks very similar to the vintage one seemed weird to me. I think Rogers should be vintage haha
I quite agree. I have a lot of vintage Rogers drums, and I have no need for anything new that will depreciate 50% when I walk off the salesroom floor. And though I have Dyna-Sonics, they sit in the closet, as I much prefer my wood Powertones. Thus, the new ones don't interest me in the least.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Same Tommy. When you’ve got the real deal this is not exciting news. Its great they made the comeback and all ,kept the spirit alive. Nice gear for sure.
I did just purchase a brand new Rogers quick release hat clutch.Nice.
126E93E8-D66E-40A3-8F20-272E5013E5CC.jpeg

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Oh! Nice! I have a Gibralter model and a Remo. Gotta grab me a Rogers...
I hate to say this but so far my favorite quick-release clutch, is made by PEARL. I've used them all [except for the new Rogers] and the Pearl is the smoothest. Remo's spring gets janky, Gibraltar was an improvement. Then came the Pearl.

Stretch

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well if you fancy Rogers, I have a set of the original swivomatic hardware I’m willing to sell. PM as needed.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was at the Chicago Drum Show and got a chance to really check out the new Rogers drums and I must say that I am very impressed. The shells are simply gorgeous reproductions of the originals. Now, in my opinion, they are going to have to come out with some sort of Swivomatic style tom mounts that honor the vintage look, but are upgraded with new technologies. Pay homage to the past, but bring in the new techniques for hardware that are lighter in weight, but stronger and more flexible in function.
That said, I am actually very interested in buying one of these new Rogers kits. I think that the hardware line is exciting and I might actually buy a new kit furnished with the new hardware...like things were done in the old days.
Finally, I know that there are plenty of players that love their vintage Rogers drums and that is very cool, but dismissing anything new would be like saying that no new Ludwig drum sets are worth buying since the late 60s-early 70s. Tons of great Ludwig drums have been made and played since that era and I would venture to say that my newer Ludwig drums are better than vintage Ludwig drums in every way. Sure, they don't have the vintage vibe, but in terms of having an open FAT sounding drum that sounds great tuned high, medium, and low...nothing old comes close IMHO.
I hope that Rogers can capture some of this mojo and build some great new drums, bringing that great name back to the forefront of drummer's minds when they think of great drums and great quality. Go Rogers.