Will added rivets kill value of K Complex Ride?

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Someone wants to trade me a K Custom Complex Dry ride. He added 3 rivets in a cluster. Will that kilk the value if I wantbto sell it?

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
The guy dropped off the cymbals. He says it came this way. Turns out he added rivets to a different cymbal I wasn't interested in. So, not sure if these are original or not, but they look fine.
k1.jpg
k2.jpg

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
needs clean before retail
and it's a medium-thin (as opposed to a thin) don't erase that ink
someone may have factory ordered or it came in factory drilled
doesn't matter/
desirable cymbal (to the crazies) but she needs a buff. (I owned one)
she needs an 40$ clean.
(or not..
x not Groove Juice but > "the Old Method"..
rub and rub and ..

Last edited:

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If the rivets don't have the symmetric 6 segments per flare on the back side....they weren't done by Zildjian. If you have their flaring tool you can do this.

Photo courtesy of Zenstat.

Rivets Zildjian factory-flared-.png

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Z ones could have been taken out somewhere down the line and replaced with others
(I have factory Z Sizzle cymbal bought new) that I replaced Z rivs are long gone and been replaced with Bos/Ist/hardware/ splits (or just left empty)

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
except the Left Side Ride had em standard
and the BBaby ride I think too.
Louie Bellson idea I think

Tracktuary

Reaction score
Another verification:

If factory drilled, the rivet holes will be exactly 1.5" from the edge and 1" apart from one another.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Im drilling in a cluster on my 22" sabian Manhattan
And my friend is buying my 19" mel to go with his 21" mel

Im putting in rivets for him

Yeah..players dont mind

Collectors?...depends

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I once bought a 22" Constantinople renaissance for about 170$. The seller had set the price to that because it had non-factory rivet holes, and he was surprised that the cymbal sold in 15 minutes. Holes are really well made and only way to know they are not factory is that one of them is on top of the stamp.
Absolutely fantastic cymbal for a bargain! Never going to sell it. B)

So yeah, it can kill the price. In the seller's mind at least.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like to think of myself as a jazz guy, and I hate the 3 rivet cluster! They appear to be factory done as they are in alignment, but should be 1" apart. However, it's not hard to do them and I have done many. Also, yes, what do the rear of the rivets look like (although they could be changed out rivets so not a strong indicator)?

As for the ride, it's a good one. It comes in thin, med-thin and med. That's a first gen "Bill Stewart" ride. Good ones have at least one rivet. I have one now and have owned at least 3 others....they are a bit trashy so the rivets help because you can play quieter and get a sizzle w/out the trashiness and save that for the crash. I am not a fan of mediums and like the thins myself.....interested in the weight, though?

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
It comes in thin, med-thin and med. That's a first gen "Bill Stewart" ride. Good ones have at least one rivet. I have one now and have owned at least 3 others....they are
correction: Thin and Medium-Thin in original no "medium"

coincidental little diddy in the (from 2005) article above (also one example from BDC is 2267g for medium-Thin) >

"check out the 22-inch Medium-Thin version of the Dry Complex ride (which would be a very happy match for rivets). "

Last edited:

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, the rivets on that cymbal totally destroy the value. Please send it to me right away for proper disposal.

:cool:

Reactions: JDA

Latest posts