Winter Namm 2020

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Reaction score
If British Drum is doing two different Nicko McBrian signature snare drums, how come it seems his signature / name is nowhere on the shell or badge? Seems to me if it's really a signature snare, it should say his name somewhere on the drum...….right?

Neilrush88

Reaction score
Have You met the Meinl Twins yet?

Im a little dissapointed, I wanted more rock cymbals from byzance or purealloy (as meinl discontinued many rock line) Now Meinl has many trash cymbals and the crashes dont cut very well. even though The dual china like a lot, very trashy and drier than the equilibrium china.

Reactions: JDA

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
And what about Zildjian? looks like they showed off a couple of budget lines, then took their ball and went home. Did I miss something with them?

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think it's funny that, for 3 years running now, DW has not featured the Santa Monica line at NAMM. It has to be the softest launch of a line of drums that I can remember from a major manufacturer.
they did
I think it's funny that, for 3 years running now, DW has not featured the Santa Monica line at NAMM. It has to be the softest launch of a line of drums that I can remember from a major manufacturer.
It was featured in the video (The Seafoam Green model near the end) and in the tom wall.

dje31

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Re: slim pickings at NAMM 2020 Winter, announcements among drums and cymbals was pretty lean. That said, other verticals---such as guitar, bass, and keys--seemed stronger than in years past. Hopefully that trend continues and improves.

The last several years have been downright depressing, between the global economy being poor, combined with fewer kids taking up music, programs losing funding, and popular music styles based around besides DJ / EDM / hip-hop.

Those buying instruments have tended to be old farts like myself, who already play and have disposable income ( not so much me these days, with two kids in college ) .

DannyPattersonMusic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I never thought this would make a come back. I’m surprised a company wanted to bring back the bizarrely shaped sets of trixon. I guess they were neat oddities and have collector value, but are any of you actually interested in buying a reproduction of them?
I played the set on Thursday while at NAMM ... I thought the kit sounded great.

DannyPattersonMusic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you get one, buy a lot of bass drum heads for it. Once VOX stops production, who knows what you'll have for options. My guess is ebay and price gouging

Actually, how are bass drum heads made for these? crazy
Remo have been making the heads for those drums all these years.

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The word from many of our dealers is that the educational market is actually in an upswing. Hopefully that means that more education programs are getting legs.

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
They had them there at the booth.

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
And what about Zildjian? looks like they showed off a couple of budget lines, then took their ball and went home. Did I miss something with them?
That's it, nothing more.

For me there's always NAMM shows with loads of new products that I'm interested in and some shows that don't have that much. This year's is the latter but that's ok; hopefully next year will feature more stuff. One thing I missed was the redesigned DW 3000 hardware; they didn't have it labeled at the booth.

Latest posts