Winter Namm 2020

stevil

Reaction score
I'd love if Yamaha introduced an affordable version of the Live Custom Hybrid Oaks. I dog oak, the phenolic ply and the bass drum weights. The finish is cool, but it takes it out of my price range.

Wackerman12345

Reaction score
find on the net from Yamaha:
... « while Percussion will roll out products ranging from enhanced software to a signature instrument to a compact gigging set »

Drumprof

Reaction score
Yamaha needs to expand the Tour Custom component drums like they do with the Stage Customs. They are really great gigging drums. So much so I would like to acquire another bass and floor Tom.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
find on the net from Yamaha:
... « while Percussion will roll out products ranging from enhanced software to a signature instrument to a compact gigging set »
Oooh, a compact gigging set? So, like, a Hip Gig replacement? Another Junior kit? Guess I'll find out in a couple weeks when I go to NAMM!

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oooh, a compact gigging set? So, like, a Hip Gig replacement? Another Junior kit? Guess I'll find out in a couple weeks when I go to NAMM!
I'm pretty excited to see what they do. It's been long overdue, and if they can make them at least Stage Custom quality (and at a price point comparable to their SC bop kit) they'll sell well, I'd think.

JimUK

Reaction score
winter namm 2020 coming soon! rumors and predictions start now....

new Speedking bass drum pedal from Ludwig
traveler set from SJC
TAMA Starclassic Birch snare
ATV aD5 5th anniversary limited edition...
Figures - in line with a certain high profile YouTube/Broadway drummer shifting from DW to Ludwig hardware (I'm sure they won't be alone).

I'd love Ludwig to launch a finish along the Psychedelic Red lines on Classic Maple - even the Psych Salmon or something similar to the Tiger Oyster DW launched a while back. I don't think you'd see someone spend money as fast as me if they did! I'm sure they'll get to it in time but suspect there's some Mod Orange stock to be worked through first. The vintage stuff is getting towards crazy prices- seems to be in demand too judging by how quick it goes. One can but dream.

I do think Ludwig's marketing team are getting it right at the moment, though.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
The drum section becoming smaller & smaller. People drooling over it and no one buying. The renaming of more or less the same models companies have put out with a slightly different look. The occasional genius idea that doesn’t quite break through because most drummers hate change.

- I recall being disappointed at how relatively fewer exhibitors were present compared to previous visits. I can't say as I blame them; being in a room surrounded by 9th graders beating the crap out of everything in sight for several hours a day, even with earplugs, would have made me a long term guest of the state. My hat is off to those of us who worked a booth without any homicide convictions.

Ox Han

Reaction score
I’d like to see more bass drums with a 12” depth as standards and AND in decent finishes. The finish remark mostly directed at DW’s frequent flyer kit. The white onyx was cool but everything else is cheap looking. We all know how a good wrap or color improves a drums sound (sarcastic).

Perhaps a Gretsch Catalina club with a 20x12 option? A club date with a 22x12 or 20x12 as a standard option and not a one off.

There are already too many cymbal options, but so difficult to actually try before you buy. To 98% of us, good luck finding agops or Constantinoples in a shop

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'd love Ludwig to launch a finish along the Psychedelic Red lines on Classic Maple -
I've been waiting for an accurate Psychedelic Red reissue from Ludwig. I love the Mod Orange they are doing now, but I already have too many orange kits. :confused5:

Latest posts