Winter Namm 2020

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

31BDCFBE-6355-4E65-A067-7D1A61E1C4FC.png

Groov-E

Reaction score
I think Dunnetts feelings must still be hurt over losing Carter Maclean to a better company
With all due respect and notwithstanding the man’s strong opinions, « better » is a term to be used with caution here IMHO.

I have witnessed unforgivable flaws on Ludwig shells, having owned and quickly sold a legacy maple and reading other’s horror stories on forums, but I have yet to see any such errors come from Dunnett.

Granted, the chances for error is greater when you mass produce shells compared to turning out one a day or more.

I think we can all agree, the man knows what he is doing and I am certain he would own up to any mistake.

Heyleuck

Reaction score
With all due respect and notwithstanding the man’s strong opinions, « better » is a term to be used with caution here IMHO.

I have witnessed unforgivable flaws on Ludwig shells, having owned and quickly sold a legacy maple and reading other’s horror stories on forums, but I have yet to see any such errors come from Dunnett.

Granted, the chances for error is greater when you mass produce shells compared to turning out one a day or more.

I think we can all agree, the man knows what he is doing and I am certain he would own up to any mistake.
Yeah of course, I agree with you Ludwigs quality control can leave me scratching my head, but I still love them! Mostly I find Dunnetts social media presence so cringe inducing and off putting that I cant resist taking a cheap shot.

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah of course, I agree with you Ludwigs quality control can leave me scratching my head, but I still love them! Mostly I find Dunnetts social media presence so cringe inducing and off putting that I cant resist taking a cheap shot.
Quality aside, I do also find it amusing that someone ranting against legacy drum companies runs... a legacy drum company. (And I'm with you, Heyleuck - I think the the guy designs/makes(?) some great stuff, but I find it a bit hard to swallow his persona sometimes. To each their own I guess!)

Ptrick

Reaction score

I’ve had two Dunnett metal snares with issues. One titanium that was totally out of round with the heads off, and had to be “pushed” back into relative shape when putting heads on. And a stainless steel that had poorly aligned lugs. Only triple flanged hoops worked. Broke TWO different brands of wood hoops due to the alignment issues (snapped the hoops tensioning them up at the lug holes...hoops had been on many other drums)

So no company is perfect.

drummaman1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Over $400 for a hi-hat stand. Hmmm... Okay, I think not.
Plenty of other affordable options out there. I didn't hear the pissing and moaning over the price of DW MDD/MCD pedals, or did I miss that thread???

Wackerman12345

Reaction score
Pearl drum

Heyleuck

Reaction score
I never thought this would make a come back. I’m surprised a company wanted to bring back the bizarrely shaped sets of trixon. I guess they were neat oddities and have collector value, but are any of you actually interested in buying a reproduction of them?
It's tough to say but if the price is right that could be a really fun kit to own.

bbunks

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have to believe that being an instrument company is a real b*tch and a contributor to a shorter life expectancy.

What's new anymore? Pearl announces new colors - some with stripes? Gretsch adds a copper snare? Wood hoops from PDP?

And?

I'd almost rather be in the auto business or a coyote trying to gnaw his arm to get out of a trap. I don't know how anyone wins in this.

Heyleuck

Reaction score
I have to believe that being an instrument company is a real b*tch and a contributor to a shorter life expectancy.

What's new anymore? Pearl announces new colors - some with stripes? Gretsch adds a copper snare? Wood hoops from PDP?

And?

I'd almost rather be in the auto business or a coyote trying to gnaw his arm to get out of a trap. I don't know how anyone wins in this.
I'm having fun. You could just go check out what's happening in the auto business you know, they have lots of forums for that kind of stuff