Winter Namm 2020

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So the only thing Paiste brought out was even more expensive 602's?
Mapex put retainers on their toms?

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Is there anything from the stick manufacturers? Anything from Regal Tip? Are they still in business? Promark?

SpinaDude

Reaction score
Is it just me or is this a pretty unimpressive NAMM show?
Hard for me to say. I don't think I have the high expectations so many others have. But with so few videos coming out of the show, and the ones that have being lackluster, it's hard to know just what the hell is out there.

Last edited:

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
Still waiting on Tama, Yamaha, Sonor, Zildjian, Dream and Meinl. Seems like it's taking forever for the videos to pop this year.
Only new stuff from Zildjian is the I Series and new Planet Z.
Is it just me or is this a pretty unimpressive NAMM show?
It has been slowly dying for years now.
Idk I've been having a lot of fun here this week. There's way more to NAMM than just new products. Nothing seems to be dying around here.

tempobob

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This has been fun. They do a live stream and will try to get to a booth if you have a request.

Last edited:

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Idk I've been having a lot of fun here this week. There's way more to NAMM than just new products. Nothing seems to be dying around here.
I’m not sure how long you are going, but in the last 15 years or so I’ve seen the drum section drop to less than half of what it was and that includes other companies already being upstairs.

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Zildjian released so many great Constantinople prototypes this past year and did nothing with them. Instead, this year it's all about those tacky zbtnewnameforgotalready cymbals.

gutenberg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The most exciting things for me from NAMM so far:
-Speed King reissue
-8-lug Black Beauty
-Pearl's curved "boomerang" cymbal arm (but not for $159 MAP)
-Pearl solid shell snare drum options

markkarj

Reaction score
Sabian's with paint jobs? This is getting embarrassing.

GeeDeeEmm
Sabian claimed with their re-brand that most won't get it (or something infantile like that). I have a hard time understanding how the decorated/painted cymbals will be much more than a niche. I guess that makes it the second thing I don't get with their new strategy.

I do like the HHX Complex cymbals. I'm curious why they introduced them in the fall, or if NAMM is less of a factor for new products.

I used to look forward to this time of year to see what new drum developments would be coming out. I think I've become too much of a curmudgeon (in my mid 40s) to care much longer, given where my drum/cymbal inventory is now at.

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
Sabian claimed with their re-brand that most won't get it (or something infantile like that). I have a hard time understanding how the decorated/painted cymbals will be much more than a niche. I guess that makes it the second thing I don't get with their new strategy.

I do like the HHX Complex cymbals. I'm curious why they introduced them in the fall, or if NAMM is less of a factor for new products.

I used to look forward to this time of year to see what new drum developments would be coming out. I think I've become too much of a curmudgeon (in my mid 40s) to care much longer, given where my drum/cymbal inventory is now at.
The guy I talked to at Sabian said they wanted to get the new HHX out in time for the holiday buying season, that's why they were released in the fall.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think it's funny that, for 3 years running now, DW has not featured the Santa Monica line at NAMM. It has to be the softest launch of a line of drums that I can remember from a major manufacturer.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
you're right. found this on reverb. That's one expensive drum head

wait. this Is news..

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
gender-neutral colors at the Tama booth. No I ain't making it up mofo.

about 6 min in no.. 10:49.

Last edited:

Latest posts