Woohoo! I just got my first ever custom BD head....

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m a huge fan of custom bass heads. I think it’s one of the easiest ways to make your band look more professional. Plus it saves having everyone ask “what’s the name of your band?” My studio is decorated with heads from old bands…

Attachments

Last edited:

cribbon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great heads... (I'm a dog afficionado...)

I'm surprised to hear about poor custommer service from DA, they've contacted me first thing the next morning ftom my order to get a better quality file, two days later the heads were shipped, they arrived in three days. So I've got absolutely no complaints there. Maybe the boss took some time away from the computer during Covid and your messages are from the back log that he hasn't had time to open yet. Or maybe your adress somehow got assigned to the spam folder, It happens often in my mailboxes that random emails just start getting caught by the spam folder. I don't know...
Yeah, there is nothing like a great dog.

I know, they've always been very responsive and easy to work with, which is why I'm so surprised at the lack of response. I'm going to try them again and see what happens - I love their work.

richardh253

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in 1990 I was playing my Ludwig Classics (with their 26" bass drums) in an experimental/fusion band. When we began playing at clubs I had a printing company I worked with make a couple of clear transfers with the band's logo, and I put them on a couple of 26" Remo Ebony heads. My drums proudly wore these heads for the next three years until the band broke up. I kept the heads as souvenirs of a great band.

View attachment 510173
ahh, we're reaching the age when fewer of us will know what that shift pattern at the top means - but cool you had a 5th overdrive!

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Back in 1990 I was playing my Ludwig Classics (with their 26" bass drums) in an experimental/fusion band. When we began playing at clubs I had a printing company I worked with make a couple of clear transfers with the band's logo, and I put them on a couple of 26" Remo Ebony heads. My drums proudly wore these heads for the next three years until the band broke up. I kept the heads as souvenirs of a great band.

View attachment 510173
That's a great f'ing name.

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Man, I've only once used a custom bass head, and it was a hell of a lot less professional than those here. Appropriate for the band and scene, though! :lol:

215195_10150341956845832_7350289_n.jpg