World's Great Drummers Salute Ringo Starr!

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Loved that!!!
Anytime you break it down and understand the real artistry of Ringo ... that's just a cool thing.

(not sure about that whole Tre being in the "World's Great Drummers" thing ... but there ya go. he and i don't see eye to eye.)

Last edited:

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
I will never grow tired of that.
There are lots of favorite bits, but I often quote Grohl's quip at 2:31, "If you're a drummer and you can do this," (plays just eights on the floor-tom and quarters on the kick from the verse in Come Together) "...and have people dancing, you're a f*ckin' bad-a$$!"
I couldn't agree more.
And before any of you Ringo doubters chime in: there is NO WAY that is anybody but Ringo. Use Your Ears! (and what's between them.)
Grohl again (2:53): "You hear his drumming and you know exactly who it is."

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
That whole bit was cool. I wonder if that was "the" set. If not, it was close, and they had it mic'd and processed to sound really close.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I’m just real glad Tre Cool, Chad Smith and Taylor Hawkins have been elevated to “World’s Greatest Drummers!” Peace and love. Peace and love.

Last edited:

Beatnik

Johnson
Reaction score
According to Mediocre Drummer Magazine Lars Ulrich definitely should have.

frankmott

Reaction score
I’m just real glad Tre Cool, Chad Smith and Taylor Hawkins have been elevated to “World’s Greatest Drummers!” Peace and love. Peace and love.
It's "World's GREAT Drummers," not "Greatest Drummers." Makes a difference. I can easily agree with the former, but probably not the latter.

frankmott

Reaction score
That’s a distinction without any difference! Good try, though.
I respectfully disagree. "Greatest" means top of the game. "Great" simply means very-good. I'm happy include Dave Grohl in the category of "Great" drummers, but not in the category of "Greatest."

Do you think there's no difference between "Biggest," and "Big?" "Fastest," and "Fast?"

Latest posts