World's Second-Richest Drummer Helps Replace Truck-Drummer’s Stolen Kit

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Metallica seem like a very decent bunch of dudes.

From NBCLosAngeles:

Sheriff Drumman, Whose Drums Were Stolen, Gets New Set, Thanks to Metallica​

The beat goes on for one LA street performer.

Sheriff Drumman, who is known for playing drums out the back of his truck (at NFL games), got a little help from one of the most famous heavy metal bands in the world.

Last December both his truck and drums were stolen from in front of his apartment in Hawthorne.

He put out a plea for help.

Metallica heard what happened and in an emotional surprise Tuesday night, he was gifted his new set in Hollywood.

"Man, thank you guys so much," he said. "Thank you for taking the time and the resources to support and help what I do. I love you for that."

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

spazapproved

Reaction score
I am not a fan of Lars.... but that is awesome and that's beautiful to watch his reaction.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Metallica seem like a very decent bunch of dudes.

From NBCLosAngeles:

Sheriff Drumman, Whose Drums Were Stolen, Gets New Set, Thanks to Metallica​

The beat goes on for one LA street performer.

Sheriff Drumman, who is known for playing drums out the back of his truck (at NFL games), got a little help from one of the most famous heavy metal bands in the world.

Last December both his truck and drums were stolen from in front of his apartment in Hawthorne.

He put out a plea for help.

Metallica heard what happened and in an emotional surprise Tuesday night, he was gifted his new set in Hollywood.

"Man, thank you guys so much," he said. "Thank you for taking the time and the resources to support and help what I do. I love you for that."

Would love to know what was stolen and what the replacement was. Cymbals and hardware too?

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Theres a Tama head on the drum hes holding in one of the pictures, no surprise. Good on Lars

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, a great thing he did. It’s a shame that this kind of gesture is the exception, not the rule.,.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a big Lars fan. He is not the best drummer, but who cares. The drums fit the music, over and over again. Sad but true.
black Lars snare drum.jpg

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I agree, a great thing he did. It’s a shame that this kind of gesture is the exception, not the rule.,.
What an ignorant comment!

Rather than list all of the millions of dollars Metallica have donated to charities, I’ll instead challenge you to tell us about your favorite rock band’s charitable foundation, DanRH. Since 2017, Metallica’s foundation has been known as All Within My Hands. https://www.allwithinmyhands.org/

JimmyM

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What were they? Starclassics? Very nice set. It was probably one Lars got for free, but the colors are poppin' and that was still cool of him to donate them.

MSmithDF

Reaction score
Yikes I can't watch the video of that reaction. Made me cry, literally..lol. They're great dudes and seeing that guy so appreciative is awesome. He must've felt so lost when they were stolen.

EricWN

Reaction score
Great deed from Lars, besides all the other good stuff they’ve done over the years. A great inspirational artist on stage, on record and in real life.

jskdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I saw this guys truck in the GC parking lot in Las Vegas a few years ago before Covid. I't put a big smile on my face so I took some pix. It made me wonder how safe all his gear would be mounted in his truck bed.

Respect to Metallica & Lars for helping this drum brother out! :)