Worth having 2 kits ?

billcosby_sweater

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just bought a new Canopus set but I still have a sonor AQ2 left over. I'm wondering if it's worth keeping or if should sell it and get a new cymbal from Matt Nolan. Thanks!

Targalx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hello all,

I just bought a new Canopus set but I still have a sonor AQ2 left over. I'm wondering if it's worth keeping or if should sell it and get a new cymbal from Matt Nolan. Thanks!
It's always worth it to have another kit in the collection, in my opinion. Of course, my "another" kit happens to be uhh, 8 more kits, but yeah, I'd keep the AQ2. Never know when you'll need another!

boomstick

Reaction score
For me the ideal is one higher end kit that pushes all my buttons, and gets played at home, recording sessions, and special shows. And one budget kit, preferably smaller/more compact, for practice, rehearsals, and gigs at dicey or small venues.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the pre-covid days..you'd have at least two or two one for smaller or quicker gigs (that's where you played for actual people etc) and another for best important gigs (again people who would actually gather face to face)

do you plan on ever leaving the house?

billcosby_sweater

Reaction score
in the pre-covid days..you'd have at least two or two one for smaller or quicker gigs (that's where you played for actual people etc) and another for best important gigs (again people who would actually gather face to face)

do you plan on ever leaving the house?
Ya I plan on going to jams and stuff but the thing with that is there is almost always kits there.

Angelo Zollo

Reaction score
My Sonor Delites for home playing
My 70s Slingerland to play and admire at home.
Homemade maple travel set.

Phantomlimb777

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Short answer is yes, if you have the room and you play a fair amount.

Roch

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes..it is important to always have one set up if you can..if you can just sit down and start playing at will, then you will practice more..if your stuff has been packed up and you have to set it up before you play, you might not bother...at least that's how it used to work for me..I have a home kit, always set up, never to be taken out...and one in cases for gigging, which I take out and tune up before gigs..

Last edited: