Would a twisted badge on a brand new tom bother you?

dancash409

Reaction score
Just got the 13" yesterday from Ludwig and I was looking it over last night and noticed that the badge was installed twisted slightly clockwise. It is a new drum that was ordered from Ludwig. QC card shows that it was audited by someone at Ludwig 06/23. I guess they missed it! I took the heads off and looked at everything else. It's flawless including the bearing edges. Only thing is that darn badge! From far away, it's not noticeable but if you look straight at it, you can see it's twisted to one side. In the end, I'm not looking for resale or anything so I guess it's something to ignore. It's gonna just be hung and played and I'll never see it. It is a bit upsetting though to pay $500 for this drum and see a minor flaw like that. Are these badges glued at all or is it just held on there with that ring that's in the vent hole?
Also, how would you feel about it? (would you get it fixed, return it, ask for a some type of credit, ignore it, etc...)
It would be interesting to hear your opinions!
You can clearly see it in the picture:
View attachment 448844
Why not just accept it and think of it as a "unique" feature of that particular drum? A one of a kind feature that separates that drum from all others? A unique identifying mark? Bright side outlook!

noreastbob

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
idrum4fun's post about the bearing edges is unacceptable! Granted, Classic Maple Downbeats may not be top o' the line but going out with a major defect like that is ridicules.
My first kit was Ludwig downbeats. Their construction never impressed me and I was 15 when I got them. I would never include the brand on a list of potentials anymore.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Why not just accept it and think of it as a "unique" feature of that particular drum? A one of a kind feature that separates that drum from all others? A unique identifying mark? Bright side outlook!
Good point! I think at this stage I've chosen to do that. Might as well! I look at it everyday and don't even notice it.