Would a twisted badge on a brand new tom bother you?

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Well Soundpure wrote me back. They said they will send the pictures to Ludwig and see what they say. You see, I probably will get that free pen after all! Lol!

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's interesting the amount of attention the topic of "badges" gets on this forum. Straight vs. crooked, classy vs. ugly, keystone vs. B/O, centered vs.non-centered on the shell, bass drum badge facing the drummer vs. facing the audience.................................
I guess for some it's part of the look of the drum. It identifies it! I'd be upset if the emblem from my truck fell off or would be crooked.

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would never sleep again. I’d wake up screaming that my badge is crooked, and possibly throw it against the wall very hard.
Otherwise, I’m a pretty calm guy.

hardbat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you return it, it will continue to bug you that that drum is out there, somewhere, with its crooked badge. You'll be looking for it at every concert you attend, and every YouTube video you watch. It will slowly eat your soul until you are nothing but a walking shell. It will control your destiny. I strongly recommend that you keep it so that this creeping horror is avoided, for the sake of you and your loved ones.

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I would never sleep again. I’d wake up screaming that my badge is crooked, and possibly throw it against the wall very hard.
Otherwise, I’m a pretty calm guy.
That would be a great intro for Redbull x-treme drumming! LOL!

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
If you return it, it will continue to bug you that that drum is out there, somewhere, with its crooked badge. You'll be looking for it at every concert you attend, and every YouTube video you watch. It will slowly eat your soul until you are nothing but a walking shell. It will control your destiny. I strongly recommend that you keep it so that this creeping horror is avoided, for the sake of you and your loved ones.
I think you might be on to something there! Good call! LOL!

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
To answer the OP's question: Yes, it would bother me. It prompt me to ask other questions, too. Is the crooked badge perhaps endemic of larger quality and crafstmanship issues? If the manufacturer can't do something as simple as put the badge on straight, what else are they not paying attention to?

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
To answer the OP's question: Yes, it would bother me. It prompt me to ask other questions, too. Is the crooked badge perhaps endemic of larger quality and crafstmanship issues? If the manufacturer can't do something as simple as put the badge on straight, what else are they not paying attention to?
I think it's only that particular mistake. Every single other detail in the drum is flawless. And like I stated before, my other 8 drums which I also bought new from Ludwig came with zero defects. I guess it can happen!

Last edited:

glaze148

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is bugging me a bit, so I’m selling it. GMS SE snare
( in our for sale section ) Not trying to promote it here, just that it pertains to our discussion.
The flat bar at the bottom of the throw off is slightly crooked. Appears to be a manufacturing issue from a company that was known for quality. I respect what they’ve done, and this is not a big deal. It’s a beautiful drum and the sound is not affected. It‘s just something I notice.

Attachments

Last edited:

Skinsmannn

Reaction score
Recently new member with 55 posts total insulting members! Great way to start!
If you don't have something positive to share in a thread, skip on by to the next one. Please!
Been here since it was Harrys....almost twenty years. Your the newb.

Skinsmannn

Reaction score
Hey boys and girls lets go tear down some statues together!
Wooo hooo cancel me.....
Rotflmfao.....