Would a twisted badge on a brand new tom bother you?

troutstudio

Idealist
Reaction score
I forgot to mention since I see you like Sakae. I know your in Australia but here in the US, Drum center of Portsmouth has a bunch of left over brand new Sakae stuff. They've got bass drums, toms, snares etc.. And they have them at discounted prices since I'm sure they are trying to move out that inventory.
Thanks very much for that. I have enough Sakae drums - probably enough drums now period. But I always keep an eye out for a nice Ludwig kit because I love their drums - I have a few I would never sell. That's why I posted. I just want to say that your attitude throughout this whole thread has been very cool. Drums are like dogs - they choose their owners. So maybe that kit found a good home. All the best with your music.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Been here since it was Harrys....almost twenty years. Your the newb.
Good for you bud! Congratulations! So that means that your account is an account that you made to replace an account that was terminated?
What an interesting & productive way to pass your time!

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks very much for that. I have enough Sakae drums - probably enough drums now period. But I always keep an eye out for a nice Ludwig kit because I love their drums - I have a few I would never sell. That's why I posted. I just want to say that your attitude throughout this whole thread has been very cool. Drums are like dogs - they choose their owners. So maybe that kit found a good home. All the best with your music.
Thank you! Same to you!

Skeet6

Reaction score
Yup. It would bother me, a lot.
Enough to send back? Maybe. Helpful? Probably not, sorry.
Mike B

Last edited:

Peterk256

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been here since it was Harrys....almost twenty years. Your the newb.
Please learn how to use an apostrophe. Harrys means multiple people named Harry. Harry's means it belongs to a person named Harry. The contraction for you are is you're. Your means something that belongs to you. Yes, this matters if you do not want to appear stupid.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it would. For a new drum at that price I'd be annoyed. I'd probably try to move it after hitting it lightly with a heat gun. I can't imagine you can return it and even a minor discount doesn't change the fact that it's crooked.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I see it—and I hardly noticed it in either photo—it is a small imperfection.

It does not bother me. The Tao remains unchanged.

You can go on with your music, and things will self align as you do something that brings you joy.

But if you sell it maybe market it as a rarity, like a stamp that was printed upside down.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
" If a badge is crooked in the woods will anyone see it?"

gmiller598

Reaction score
At a minimum I think that should qualify it for B-Stock status and
I see your point that it's a minor issue but you paid for perfect. I do believe this is a B - Stock drum, and you should pay B-Stock pricing. Ludwig should refund the price difference and then I might be ok with it. YMMV
That would be my thought too. If it is a B-stock quality it should cost a B-stock price. I don't know that I would want to return the drum and wait for a replacement but I would probably expect 50 bucks back or whatever the appropriate cost of a b-stock tom would be.