Would having a tone control professionally installed on a Black Beauty 14x6.5 ruin its resell value?

Drummer1990

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Quit lobbing me softballs then .....

You keep making absurd assumptions.
You are starting unnecessary drama. You are the most immature person I've ever come in contact with. Do you get your jollys trolling posts cause you have no life outside this fourm group. I am free to make whatever assumptions and comments I want. I'm a civilized man but won't tolerate immaturity. If you cant be the bigger man (your are older) then maybe you don't belong here.

Last edited:

Skeet6

Reaction score
You are starting unnecessary drama. You are the most immature person I've ever come in contact with. Do you get your jollys trolling posts cause you have no life outside this fourm group. I am free to make whatever assumptions and comments I want. I'm a civilized man but won't tolerate immaturity. If you cant be the bigger man (your are older) then maybe you don't belong here.
I liked the one where you threatened to get him kicked off the board better. Weak sauce. :argue:
Mike B

DannyPattersonMusic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would like a Black Beauty snare with a internal muffler. Ludwig does have the new jazz fest snares with the baseball bat muffler (which is made by Canopus) that Ludwig is installing on those snare drums so in theory you probably could ask/order a black beauty snare with that muffler installed from the factory.

singleflammedmill

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Been there theres worse people there. No thanks
Are you the infamous dwdrummer1991?

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Yup , I'm very immature ,you got me there . I am also jolly !!!

Drummer1990

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Are you the infamous dwdrummer1991?
No I'm definitely not him. I remember that individual and how he was

BlueSmoke

Reaction score
First off, I don't want one that bad. I have three snares now, and that's more than enough. Secondly, I would only get a new one, with a factory installed Super Sensitive system. If that thing isn't installed perfectly, it's pointless.
This has not been available for around 2 years now.

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here we have my BB with my non-patented, easy throw, empty wallet fat back muffler. Total non-factory aftermarket, and I never lose the wallet for a tone change up flicking it off with a stick in between songs. Very quick tone change.

Not intending to yank anyone’s chain as I’d prefer it if this drum actually had a muffler, but this is my simple solution and, despite its unorthodoxy, it works wonderfully for me.

The wallet was thicker before I bought the drum.
View attachment 432424
Try the Drum Wallet. Chad Patrick, a drummer from so. Cal developed it.
033B14B5-5FD0-4BFE-A676-C301831D64CA.jpeg

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I did a search for 6.5x14 Black Beauty snares on eBay and Reverb most new ones are advertised at 729 and up. That's MAP ( minimum advertised price) that is set by the manufacturer. It doesn't mean the store cant discount beyond that. I also saw a couple of B stock drums still NEW but B stock nonetheless. One of the sellers is Portland Percussion ( owner's name is Mike) perhaps contact him and negotiate a better price for one of these B stock snares - he may even install the muffler for you ? ( I can't speak for him, but I know he has built drums in the past ) this might be a route to take.

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I didn't read all the replies but buying a used drum with added tone control would not bother me at all. I have a late 80's Supra that has one and assuming it came with it. I like having it there, although it's not being used much and good to have when needed.

Is it a value adjustment thing; I don't know.

sherm