Would you let your daughter date a drummer?

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
She's happily married to a Tech Security Software developer and has a beautiful baby boy. She's always made her own choices and decisions that's how she was raised.. I would encourage parents to stay out their childrens personal relationships except when asked or there's a major problem and even then..... weather it be a drummer a Pole vaulter, a shoe salesman a Ceo Just god don't let it be a bass player
See post #51. Great minds JP!

Old Drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you raise a daughter right, this shouldn't be a problem.

Mine is a conservatory trained cellist with a master's degree in cello performance and I had to show her what a paradiddle is. Mercifully, she's steered clear of the riffraff in the back of the orchestra.

Though of late she's hooked up with an actor. You can't win them all . . .

Burps

Reaction score
There is a cartoon/meme out there that I can't seem to find. It showed a Dad meeting his daughters boyfriend for the first time.

The Father: My daughter says that you're some kind of musician?

Boyfriend: Yes. A drummer to be exact.

The Father: You have exactly ten seconds to get the he** out of my house!

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My daughter is going on 11, but we'll see how long this thread lasts....I may just revive it in a few years.

fusseltier

Reaction score
I'd let my daughter date a drummer or any other musician before I'd allow her to date any jock, athlete or fake college person who is probably doing crack.

WLVN

Reaction score
I let my daughter date a used car salesman. He's really a lawyer but I tell everybody he's a used car salesman so people don't look down on him.

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mother's and father's rule were only at 18 were we allowed date anyone. That was their parent's rule too. Both my sisters had every guy clawing after them. They held true to the rule. Both were college gymnasts and are classically-educated pianists and vocalists. They did a high-ring trapeze act with Cirque Soleil Belgium and France. They dated only proven working musicians, including drummers. My oldest trumpeter brother knocked up his girl, both were 21, both had to quit college and do the right thing. A hard life! From that the rest of us learned never to ever marry and worse have kids! Suicide was better! We all dated only working professional musicians. If you were between bands you'd better have a second job. No bums. No rich folks across the board either. And when any of us weren't working we never dated. We all pitched in and had a 6 master-bedroom, 8 bath roomed house constructed on six acres paid for in cash in the suburb. Three brothers and two sisters still live together in this big friggin house with two new Yamaha C3X grand pianos face-to-face, a drum set, bass guitars, and saxophones staged in the great room. The funniest thing is both my sisters still have guys less than half their age clawing after them. Us brothers have been accused of having two beautiful "daughters." If I had a daughter (or son) I'd let them date a drummer or anyone only after they're 18. That way legally it's all out of my hands.