Would you pay?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
for my level of participation in this thing called drummer/drumming $2000-2400 was 10 years ago my tops for 1 particular drumset (new no snare) not including what I had accumulated in used sets, cymbals and spare snares. That was it. That was my highest figure - once- not going over it (no need) again ever.

Last edited:

Jay-Dee

Reaction score
Beautiful looking kit mate, unlike some I like the rack as well and the rack mounted floors don't bother me either.

That shell kit alone would probably be around 15 grand here in Australia so for three it'd be a bargain. But of course that would easily double (and probably then some) by the time it landed here.

crmartin151

Reaction score
I have never played a DW kit, never had the opportunity. I play a TAMA Rockstar Custom in the same size configuration as your DW. I have all the drums and cymbals mounted on a rack except for my 16" floor tom, snare, bass and hihats. Having the 14" floor tom mounted doesn't bother me as long as your mounting hardware is good.... I have done a fair amount of recording with my kit and am very satisfied with the sound.

At this price point, like many others here, I prefer natural wood finishes to wraps. I'm sure your kit sounds good, there's a reason that DW drums are one a lot of great recordings. But, for me, a high end kit wouldn't be a wrapped kit....

Drumskillz

Reaction score
Absolutely not. Because I know how much DW has in that kit...shells, workmanship and hardware. Amounts to maybe $1300 depending on the wood. Among the most overpriced drums on the market, but not quite the top dog. Sonor still holds that distinction.

Of course, someone has to pay for all that marketing hype and staff overhead.

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not. Because I know how much DW has in that kit...shells, workmanship and hardware. Amounts to maybe $1300 depending on the wood. Among the most overpriced drums on the market, but not quite the top dog. Sonor still holds that distinction.

Of course, someone has to pay for all that marketing hype and staff overhead.
Ah, you're one of THOSE guys. :icon_lol:

Drumskillz

Reaction score
Ah, you're one of THOSE guys. :icon_lol:
Not just one of THOSE guys...PROUDLY one of those guys.

Here's just one of many proof-of-concept scenarios I could tell you about. A buddy of mine's son had an SPL kit. Yep. That's right. Sound Percussion Labs. He bought it as a beginner kit. He was gonna buy him a new one and sell it for pennies on the dollar. I convinced him to take it to my drum edge guru. He got it back and it sounds absolutely amazing. Tunes up perfectly and projects an amazing powerful woody tone. It is truly a professional sounding gig worthy kit now. All because of great bearing edges. Yes. That's right. A cheap poplar kit with new bearing edges sounds like a million bucks.

poco rit.

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My kid is 13, his daddy is a lawyer and no!
Lol. I just knew a kid exactly like this in HS. His first ever kit was a 7 piece top line Pearl kit with pro cymbals. His dad was a lawyer. Got him anything he wanted. The kid no longer plays drums.

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As much as I love dw’s hardware. I would rather have one of those all wood hoop pdp kits or a new Ludwig for 3k

Angelo Zollo

Reaction score
Would you pay $3000 for this DW set? It is one I currently own and I paid more than $3000 to obtain it. The finish is broken glass and it is a seven piece with hang mounted floor toms. It’s in excellent condition all around. I post this because I’m curious and bored. Thanks View attachment 505565 View attachment 505565 View attachment 505566 View attachment 505567 View attachment 505568

Sizes
22x18 bass drum
8, 10, 12 toms
14, 16 floor toms
13x6.5 top Edge snare
Would you pay $3000 for this DW set? It is one I currently own and I paid more than $3000 to obtain it. The finish is broken glass and it is a seven piece with hang mounted floor toms. It’s in excellent condition all around. I post this because I’m curious and bored. Thanks View attachment 505565 View attachment 505565 View attachment 505566 View attachment 505567 View attachment 505568

Sizes
22x18 bass drum
8, 10, 12 toms
14, 16 floor toms
13x6.5 top Edge snare

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If Drums are your passion or livelihood, why would you skimp on your equipment? Don’t listen to people telling you what they will pay or not. If you are happy with the equipment and can afford it. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never played a DW kit, never had the opportunity. I play a TAMA Rockstar Custom in the same size configuration as your DW. I have all the drums and cymbals mounted on a rack except for my 16" floor tom, snare, bass and hihats. Having the 14" floor tom mounted doesn't bother me as long as your mounting hardware is good.... I have done a fair amount of recording with my kit and am very satisfied with the sound.

At this price point, like many others here, I prefer natural wood finishes to wraps. I'm sure your kit sounds good, there's a reason that DW drums are one a lot of great recordings. But, for me, a high end kit wouldn't be a wrapped kit....
That’s why I bought this one. I’m ok with wraps but I like the wood finishes best to. I am also a Tama fan. Shoot I’m a fan of anything that sounds good regardless of who makes it.
126E04FF-EF68-4223-A958-E0CC251E29B9.jpeg
7FBF74A9-9DC4-421E-9675-D829FCCBF5A2.jpeg

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
41C68425-A2E2-4893-9C68-646FCF92496B.jpeg
I like racks !!!!

Oh wait …..Nevermind …
I use the rack so my crazy Bulldog doesn’t plow into the cymbal stands and damage the gear or herself, otherwise I would not use them either.

Last edited: