Would You Re-Wrap These?

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not planning on buying these but I've been lusting after them for a few weeks.

If you bought them, would you re-wrap?
I mean, I know collectors don't usually mind, but if you were going to use them to gig or record, wouldn't you want a bit nicer-looking wrap?

Great price with the snare, eh?

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm not planning on buying these but I've been lusting after them for a few weeks.

If you bought them, would you re-wrap?
I mean, I know collectors don't usually mind, but if you were going to use them to gig or record, wouldn't you want a bit nicer-looking wrap?

Great price with the snare, eh?
That wrap is nasty! I have a friend that would love these! He would be gigging them though .

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That wrap is nasty! I have a friend that would love these! He would be gigging them though .
Your friend should buy them!
Aren't they beauties? He has great taste. And those sizes?! They give me butterflies... :)

That bass drum probably sounds like a (wet) dream.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He sent me back a message saying that he has the exact same kit in a Radio King! Same sizes, same color and the same spots!
Ha, that's a crazy coincidence.
If he buys them he could do a really great side-by-side comparison...

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
That’s a tough call. Recently I’ve been more concerned about carefully restoring and preserving drums so they still show sone of their history. However, the spots on the wrap make it look more dirty than aged. I might rewrap them in WMP or maybe a proper lacquer finish if they were mine.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
I have an Oct. '60 transition badge 5.5x14 in vivid gold sparkle. Pretty pristine other than a few spots on the wrap (and 2 holes - someone put on a P83 luckily!)...all the spots came off. I want to say either warm water/Dawn and a non-abrasive sponge worked, or maybe it was a micro fiber towel, or goo gone....I don't recall but it looks like new now.

If it is very bad, I'd have no problem stripping and then maybe a clear over the mahogany outer, if the outer was in good condition......maybe a satin poly.....

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
NO rewrap!! Scrub with Dawn and a sponge. Polish like a madman with Novus. The difference will be apparant.

Latest posts