Would you sell a kit with the metal snare it came with or sell the snare separately?

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Would having a snare included add as much value to a set as what the snare could bring on its own?

Have a 72 Rogers Powertone set that all have the same store stickers on them. It was purchased with a Super Ten snare. I already have a dynasonic that I really like and even thought the Super Ten sounds great, I don't need it.

I wondering if I should sell the snare or keep it with the set in case I sell the set in the future.

I understand that if this were a wood snare with a matching wrap then you would not split it off the set but its not.

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am gonna say keep it together if it has the same store sticker, if not let it go

Germandrummer

Reaction score
I often have asked sellers if they would sell a snare separately although just the whole kit was offered. This way I got my nice Sonor Phonic snare without being forced to buy the whole set with concert toms. If it`s a steel snare I would offer them separately as many potential buyers might look for that snare (which can be shipped easily) but don`t want to buy a whole kit. Anyone who wants to have that kit with the snare will ask you for a package deal anyway.