WOW Big Money for Ludwig Buddy Rich Sticks

MCSVT

Reaction score
Wow are these rare or something, seems like a lot of money for 2 pair of sticks. So what's the story on these?

Buddy Rich 15A's

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
WOW......Maybe this economy is picking up a bit......

atomicdave

DFO Star
Reaction score
ya'll've seen this, right?
http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-BONHAM-Drumstick-USED-JOHN-BONHAM-CONCERT-/120681384090?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c192bc89a

onemat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They better have Buddy's finger prints and sweat on them for that price!

chetatkinsdiet

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sort of OT, but on the subject of signature sticks.....I have a pair that a friend of mine pulled out of Charlie Watts stick bag on stage. He has been on the road with them for years. He literally walked back there, grabbed the sticks and gave me a pair. Of course, no way to verify this and I'd never sell them. But, I do have some cool stuff for a shadow box some day...those sticks....a pick from Keef....ticket stubs....close up pics from the show(s) that I attended via my friend.

later,

m

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow..that does seem like a lot. But I suppose to a collector who wants "every model that ever had Buddy's name on it", they'd be worth it to complete the collection.

I DO have a pair that Buddy gave me and that he had just finished playing the set with in 1966. And they smelled of Old Spice cologne. :)

I'd sell them, but dollars would be high.

CSR

Member since May 2000
Reaction score
I just found a pair of Slingerland Buddy Rich sticks , still sealed in the plastic bag at a drum shop that was, unfortunately, closing after 47 years in business. I guess $10 wasn't too bad a price.

Latest posts