WOW - galaxy!

delco

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
very nice... quick, let's get him to document those classic lugs for us! :D

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
the quality of that wrap is amazing.wow. wonder if mikejtone has seen those yet? :)

mike

dwludzild

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bonzoholic said:
Those are damn near NOS!! Gorgeous!!

Looks NOS to me as well. He says they are 1965 but I dont think that color came out until late 66 early 67.

JT:

Those Galaxies are callin' your name, Bubba..........................................

MikeJtone

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Mike, No I don't have those drums yet! :) I would love to!

But I do have one of those sets and it has similar color too...mine is 0884 Bass, 0798 Tom Tom & 59XXX Floor Tom - with a matching Pioneer 31XXX. All the drums have similar unfaded color it looks cool. The difference is that the hoops on mine are silver sparkle and on this set they are Galaxy - from what I understand they did the hoops both ways on the Galaxy bass drums.

But as far as dwludzild's question about when they came out with Galaxy - I am pretty sure that Galaxy was out at least in the early 60's and I think JPTrickster has a very early version pre serial number snare in Galaxy which only had gold specks, which is what I understand was how it was first introduced.

Those are beautiful drums!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
yeah-they are not in the 60 catalog but do appear in the 62 catalog. mike-i knew you had a set but didnt remember seeing a pic before. very nice.

ive looked at the pics of that cl set again. that is some of the glossiest finish that i have ever seen. and the colors in the wrap are incredible. ahhhh. i love vintage drums way too much.

mike

mlvbs

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have a snare that would go nicely with those. Number 234xxx.

ludwignut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here is mine.It appears that the green and blue sparkles are missing,but thats just the lighting.

Rob

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
great stuff guys. i'm loving that wrap more and more. and rob-matching jazzer and a pioneer? very nice.

mike

ebok45

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did anyone end up snapping this up?

Latest posts