Wow...Steve Maxwell selling customers 20 year collection part 1

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keepin’ the beat since 1973 Woodstock, N.Y.
Some nice stuff there!!!
4:20....yeah baby....oops sorry wrong thread...or so re the wormy maple.....does this mean drums with excrement will drive the price up? Man that snare sounds like crap...lol
Hopefully he'll make another vid demonstrating the Rasta candycane vista's with his colour coordinated mask!!
The spoken for Mardi Gras set would be fabulous under lights.....please post a pic when you get it!!!!
bt
Ha, I wish. Just having some fun!

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get it. Do these increase in value over time? I'm not a collector, so I have no idea.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Rocket lug Gretch.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
wood and weather had one those not near as nice was Blue also.
that's almost a time capsule 1947 Broadkaster
I predicted a 16K asking price but who knows.

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
"condition, condition, condition"

?

: D
Good grief. I'm just asking if the owner bought this collection to make a profit, and if he possibly will make a profit. I want to know what the motivation is to buy and hold new high end drums that you don't play.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to know what the motivation is to buy and hold new high end drums that you don't play.
May be you are assuming the motivation. Maybe I am..

Sometimes people buy drums because they could play them once in years past.
And they remind them of that time. Set up in the house. Walked by daily. Reminding themselves, "once I was a drummer".
May have had (must have) had a straight (great, fantastic) Job that he could indulge this fantasy.

That's it. They may have been bought sorely for Fantasy purpose. Long shot but possible alternate explanation.

Not everyone is thinking of (making) money (on them) later on. I think he's reached the age (the owner) where he's thru with the Fantasy . Some already have so much $ (already) they can indulge in fantasy

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy that owns those (esp the Cravs maybe the Rogers) MAY already have Money coming out his EARS.
@Tornado
Steve at this point (consignment no investment on his part) is happier (other than having to store them) happier than a pig in ..truffles.

the two Gretsch sets look like remind me of "workingman's sets" even the 47 BK. Altho not a scratch visible on the 47 BKs.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I offered steve 1000 for the rogers and he said no and then i asked him to nest the kit and he said no 200 for shipping what a ripoff

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I offered steve 1000 for the rogers and he said no and then i asked him to nest the kit and he said no 200 for shipping what a ripoff
why would ask the second question after the first one was no :D

wayne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There is a member here who could explain the "buy high and dont play club" but he seems to avoid these issues so assumption is the best we can do. I like the word fantasy, that could be it!

Reactions: JDA