WTB: A Pair of Noble & Cooley Diecast Hoops, 14" 10-Lug, Chrome

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Sounds like a simple request, but it's not. N&C does not offer diecast hoops any more, because their local caster is out of business, and they have not found a suitable replacement to make these parts. I've attached a photo, so you can see how they are different than other diecast hoops. I really love'em, and want a pair for a new N&C drum. If you have a pair, send pics and prices to mflacche@gmail.com. They have to be mint. Matt

nobleandcooley2small.jpg
nobleandcooley3small.jpg
noblecooleycastaluminumsnarewires2small.jpg
noblecooleycastaluminumsnarewiressmall.jpg

vigilante397

Reaction score
I can see how they're aesthetically different from other diecast hoops I've seen, but honestly they look a lot like the Pearl MasterCast and I can't imagine them sounding much different. Great looking drum though.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I talked to Nick a couple of months back, they do still offer die-cast hoops they're just not made in house anymore. He recommended the Worldmax Die-cast hoops, as that's what they're using now.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I talked to Nick a couple of months back, they do still offer die-cast hoops they're just not made in house anymore. He recommended the Worldmax Die-cast hoops, as that's what they're using now.
I had the same conversation with Nick recently and was told the same thing. I don’t know which brand I have but the do not line up very well the tube lugs. I didn’t install them as I was afraid of stripping them. This was his reply:

Thanks for your email, and sorry you’re having some trouble getting aftermarket hoops to fit!

For years we used our own design die cast hoops that were manufactured for us in Boston. Unfortunately that casting company closed and we have been struggling to find another quality, USA based, casting/plating company to take the project over. In the interim we have been using Worldmax die cast hoops. However, when we use those I do sometimes have to take a small chainsaw file to the tabs and open up some of the plating buildup that they tend to come with.

So, I would recommend either trying that or, if you would like to buy a set, I can prep them and test fit them for you here first.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had the same conversation with Nick recently and was told the same thing. I don’t know which brand I have but the do not line up very well the tube lugs. I didn’t install them as I was afraid of stripping them.
Was it the Drum Factory Direct ones? Because those are WAY undersized.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Buy the Pearl Mastercast hoops through DrumFactoryDirect or go with the Yamaha super light die cast aluminum hoops. If you want something really special, order yourself a set of Duluth Cast Bronze Hoops for the win! They are absolutely THE best die cast hoops made today. John is a super guy and you will be getting the best hoops every made for a snare drum. Nothing even comes close.

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
I can see how they're aesthetically different from other diecast hoops I've seen, but honestly they look a lot like the Pearl MasterCast and I can't imagine them sounding much different. Great looking drum though.
The "ear tabs" set them apart from all other diecast hoops. Mastercast hoops are fine, but they aren't the same. This is not about sound... it's about having what N&C originally designed/offered.

Yep... that's a real step down. The profile of the WM diecasts is very undesirable to me. You will notice that while they offer the WM diecasts, they aren't showing up on many current snare drums. I don't think it's a priority to N&C at this point.

Buy the Pearl Mastercast hoops through DrumFactoryDirect or go with the Yamaha super light die cast aluminum hoops. If you want something really special, order yourself a set of Duluth Cast Bronze Hoops for the win! They are absolutely THE best die cast hoops made today. John is a super guy and you will be getting the best hoops every made for a snare drum. Nothing even comes close.
With all due respect, I wasn't searching for ideas on snare drum hoops. I have over 60 snare drums, and I already have Mastercast and Yamaha Aluminum diecasts. I'm not interested in cast bronze hoops, but if I was, I'd order Oriollo cast bronze hoops. This thread was intended to reach out to anyone who might have a pair of mint N&C diecast hoops.

I had the same conversation with Nick recently and was told...

"For years we used our own design die cast hoops that were manufactured for us in Boston. Unfortunately that casting company closed and we have been struggling to find another quality, USA based, casting/plating company to take the project over. In the interim we have been using Worldmax die cast hoops. However, when we use those I do sometimes have to take a small chainsaw file to the tabs and open up some of the plating buildup that they tend to come with."
This is exactly why I'm searching for N&C hoops, and why I DON'T want WM hoops... right from N&C.

Latest posts