WTB: Chicago city area/remo ambassador

hatandbeard

Reaction score
...anyone in chicago/city area near CTA etc, have a used/nondented 14" remo coated ambassador or two for sale?

Drummer1990

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
...anyone in chicago/city area near CTA etc, have a used/nondented 14" remo coated ambassador or two for sale?
Uhh why not just order from your favorite dealer on line an ship right to door? Amazon is still accepting orders and you might get it in 1-2 days

hatandbeard

Reaction score
Just wanted to see what friends might have a lightly-used one or two and I don't buy anything from Amazon but I hear you

Reactions: egw

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I would and have bought from Chicago Music Exchange. How are they doing Hat and Beard.

hatandbeard

Reaction score
I'm in Pilsen and they are way up in Lakeview and I don't think they're open another reason why I'm asking for local friends help.. and I'm sure someone might enjoy getting rid of a couple things.. also looking for more used prices haha :)

hatandbeard

Reaction score
They're doing okay over there but many times a lot of those folks don't really have a lot of knowledge
they may be great they're in the store but they don't necessarily have extensive awareness or knowledge of things they should regarding vintage or current..sometimes it can be frustrating.. they offered me a job there once with unbelievably low pay and I laughed and said no..
With Vic's closing and not many drum shops in Chicago Music Exchange sometimes it is what it is and I'm grateful it's there.

Reactions: JDA

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I get them from GC brand new for about $9-$10 when their 3-4 drum head kit packs go on sale for $35-$42. And you can buy 3-4 packs of just the 14's for $9-$11 each. Those always come in handy. They ship free for over $35. Most of the bigger players can all match the best deals. Why take someone else's word on the condition of a "used" head when buying new is only $4-5 more? The vast majority of people selling "slightly" used heads typically want more than the price of new. It's ludicrous.

Chances are anyone sending you a pair of used heads even for $0 will still cost you $6-7 each after shipping is included. And the bonus is a killer, oversized shipping box you can re-use for sending out some 18-22 inch cymbals down the road.

Last edited:

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am with hatandbeard on this, when you can buy a slighlty used head locally for $5 why pay $15+tax for a new one? Just got a clean slightly used remo PS3 18” bd head for $10. Not paying $25-30 plus tax, no thanks.

hatandbeard

Reaction score
Found one local! And basically new in box for great price
Im sure another will turn up.
Thank you Andrew Green!
For what it's worth Andrew does exquisite work on cymbal repairs of all kinds. And Andrew's been making interesting art and jewelry from different thicknesses and sized pieces of cymbals. He's always taking donations of broken cymbals and usually thin ones like crash cymbals are good for jewelry making.
Andrew did quite an extensive repair job on Dave King's 18in Zyn cymbal.

Latest posts