WTB: Ludwig Pre-Serial Gold Sparkle Bass Drum

andlours

Reaction score
I've been amassing a collection of Ludwig pre-serial badge, gold-sparkle snare drums with nickel hardware. The other day, I had the idea to use my 6.5"x14" school festival as a rack tom and my 12"x16" field drum as a floor tom. Surprisingly, I absolutely love the combination. For the time being, I paired it with an orphan, refinished 12"x22" WFL kick. I would absolutely love to have a matching kick drum though. If you have a pre-serial badge, gold sparkle, Ludwig bass drum with nickel hardware, let me know. I would be happy with any conventional size 20" or larger. Here's my current, weird snare drum setup

20200925_160403.jpg

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish you good luck, Andy! I'm sure you will find that kick drum soon!

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
And I suppose the notion to recover a donor bass drum has been contemplated and taken off the table?

andlours

Reaction score
And I suppose the notion to recover a donor bass drum has been contemplated and taken off the table?
I wish i could just re-wrap a donor shell, but modern good sparkle is way too orange compared to the vintage stuff. I haven't been able to find a good match from any major supplier and dont want to pay for a full sheet to be custom color matched.