WTT: Tama Star Reserve Copper 14" x 6.5"

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just gauging interest here. I have a Tama Star Reserve Copper snare drum that I really love. I think copper is my favorite material for snare drums, and this one is a total knockout.

Unfortunately, I play a lot of very loud stages and rooms, and this drum seems to disappear just a bit at higher volumes. I think it's an ideal low-to-mid volume setting drum when projection isn't as critical.

So, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a swap for a similarly sized/valued drum that might have a little more mid-range oomph. Preferred candidates would be:

14x6.5" Ludwig Raw Copperphonic
14x7" Q Gentleman's Copper
14x6.5" Oriollo Copper

But I'm really looking for a non-hammered, beaded copper shell.

Quick demo here:

Drum is in great condition. Fingerprints, but otherwise mostly new. I'll add photos later today.

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
Might it be the Size in that drum that is causing "very loud stages and rooms, and this drum seems to disappear " (softness soft-spread-attack)
What I mean is would a 5/5.5 x 14 better off (sharper-quicker cut) for you.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Does beaded mean have a seam? If so, I have a 10 lug 5.5x14 Gretsch copper beaded, non-hammered. It needs heads, snare wires, rims, and tension rods, but has the shell, lugs, throw/butt. I'm not looking to swap but will sell for $200 + s/h.

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Might it be the Size in that drum that is causing "very loud stages and rooms, and this drum seems to disappear " (softness soft-spread-attack)
What I mean is would a 5/5.5 x 14 better off (sharper-quicker cut) for you.
Yeah, you might be right here.