Wuhan Wuhan Wuhan

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I was worried about the Cannon news, as they make much of the available after market drum parts - that was potentially a huge blow to custom builders everywhere. But it sounds like it could actually be an improvement.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've used tons of Cannon accessories in the past, so it's good news to hear that they are being revived under new ownership. Before the proliferation of new drum accessory providers, Cannon was often the go-to spot for the little things that make custom setups possible. Here's hoping for a successful enterprise!

GeeDeeEmm

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow that's great news. I love Wuhan cymbals. My china's & splashes are Wuhan. I yet to find any other brand of china's & splashes that please my ears like Wuhan. They are fantastic and cheap. Hopefully with this new deal they can expand and push the products thru normal stores. If stores would actually demonstrate Wuhan cymbals (especially to beginners & intermediate drummers), I'm sure they would outsell other brands because of their price point. But of course I'm sure that would affect the bottom line of the big 4 cymbal makers. I think one issue Wuhan has had is the stigma of being cheap. The thing is they are cheap but don't sound cheap and the western style cymbals are B20 bronze. Some people can't get around that stigma. They don't want to see all Wuhan cymbals in their setup. Hopefully this is a good long term thing for their business.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was worried about the Cannon news, as they make much of the available after market drum parts - that was potentially a huge blow to custom builders everywhere. But it sounds like it could actually be an improvement.

Reaction score
I've used tons of Cannon accessories in the past, so it's good news to hear that they are being revived under new ownership. Before the proliferation of new drum accessory providers, Cannon was often the go-to spot for the little things that make custom setups possible. Here's hoping for a successful enterprise!

GeeDeeEmm
Thanks so much

Reaction score
Wow that's great news. I love Wuhan cymbals. My china's & splashes are Wuhan. I yet to find any other brand of china's & splashes that please my ears like Wuhan. They are fantastic and cheap. Hopefully with this new deal they can expand and push the products thru normal stores. If stores would actually demonstrate Wuhan cymbals (especially to beginners & intermediate drummers), I'm sure they would outsell other brands because of their price point. But of course I'm sure that would affect the bottom line of the big 4 cymbal makers. I think one issue Wuhan has had is the stigma of being cheap. The thing is they are cheap but don't sound cheap and the western style cymbals are B20 bronze. Some people can't get around that stigma. They don't want to see all Wuhan cymbals in their setup. Hopefully this is a good long term thing for their business.
We will be expanding the line and removing skus that don’t make sense.
Thank you for the kind words on Wuhan!

Reaction score
Anything that was branded as “Cannon” will be rebranded as “Cardinal”

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got to agree with your feelings about Wuhan. What I'm about to say is just my personal opinion, but at the low to mid level pricepoint I think they dominate when it comes to sound. Their Chinas sound so good to me that none of the other brands can match it, even their higher end offerings. I have an 18" Wuhan China I've played for quite a few years and no other offering I've tried comes close to sounding as good to my ears. People should not be price snobs with that brand, especially with Chinas.

Reaction score
I've got to agree with your feelings about Wuhan. What I'm about to say is just my personal opinion, but at the low to mid level pricepoint I think they dominate when it comes to sound. Their Chinas sound so good to me that none of the other brands can match it, even their higher end offerings. I have an 18" Wuhan China I've played for quite a few years and no other offering I've tried comes close to sounding as good to my ears. People should not be price snobs with that brand, especially with Chinas.
Aaaaaamen!

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Totally agree with you! The fact that some pro drummers use the effects cymbals that Wuhan offers shows that they are the best at what they do. Some of these guys have mega cash to buy any others but they choose the Wuhan sound.

Latest posts