Xmas Music For Drummers

4164SB

DFO Master
Reaction score
Love this Matt Wilson recording from last year!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0041X909O/slipstream-20/

markie04drum

Reaction score

I thought this was a pretty cool series on it, if you have the time to watch all the parts.

Last edited by a moderator:

troutstudio

Idealist
Reaction score
Sorry to go OT but I need to tell another drummer this story: I flinched when I saw this topic. My wife suddenly began singing (well, in front of people) about 12 months ago. She is a music teacher and plays piano. Started off just singing once a month in Church. Next I hear, it's a Christmas party. I have to do all the music and sing and play and engineer. She gave me a list of songs. Do you know how many Christmas midi files are on the net? And how long it takes to sort through all the crap ones? Then change the keys; fix the automon playing, find decent sounds, re-arrange them, play percussion - then I couldn't stand not knowing the actual harmony parts rather than sing mostly unison; so I had to find the 4 part scores; play in the alto parts, sing them (some are really tough to sing) mix and remix them. So we do the parish Christmas party last week. I get off stage and badly need a drink (fortunately they are Catholics :occasion5: ) then this woman appears at my elbow. She asks if we can play for the Cathedral parish Christmas party this Saturday. This crowd will include the Bishop and of course, being a Cathedral, they have a full time music director and a choir - who will all be there watching. So I have to go over every mix, fix all the stuff that was just ok. I tell you, I haven't had time to practice in months. Every time we work, someone books my wife for something else. I just look on in amazement. It's like all the stuff you wanted to happen for your band, happens to her. If I get through this Saturday, it will be a real Christmas miracle. :notworthy:

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Trout, what a great story! Good on ya! Sounds like you are a superb team. And now I understand why she backs you up when you want to buy all those impossible-to-find vintage drums...:notworthy: :occasion5:

thenuge

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love this record! Extremely well recorded too. I wish more new jazz records sounded this good..

http://palmetto-records.com/album.php?album=167