Yahama gigmaker

Ksellers

Reaction score
Im a new drummer trying to buy good set. I found a yahama gigmaker set but they been setting in a garage for long time is worth the chance because of temp chg...400

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think with some patience you can find a better kit for that much $$$ (Stage Custom for instance) , particularly one better cared for...

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
$400 sounds like a bit much for a Gigmaker. I agree with Thumper, search for a Stage Custom.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
Im a new drummer trying to buy good set. I found a yahama gigmaker set but they been setting in a garage for long time is worth the chance because of temp chg...400
Check Ebay, Reverb and Craigslist for prices, but you're probably going to find that's like a $100 drumkit.
If your hearts really set on it, do the research first, then go over and haggle the price down to something reasonable....otherwise, the others have given you good advice. Save your money and shop for something better.

Elvis

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
For $300-$600 you should be able to buy a decent intermediate set with all hardware and with intermediate grade cymbals. For $600-$800 you can step into a fully equipped Pro kit if you keep your eyes open on your local CL, FB, and even local EBay. I bought my nephew a mint 1999 Yamaha Stage Custom kit 3 yrs ago for $450....advertised on local CL. Came with nice heavy duty hardware and $500 in Zildjian A and K cymbals. I didn't complain.

2 yrs ago I bought myself a Yamaha 8000 - 7 pc. Tour Series kit (1982) (8,10,12,13,16,18,24) for $350. Pro level drums. It came with most all the orig Yamaha hardware and Sabian B8 cymbals. That was a CL find as well.