Yamaha 9000 Accessories to finish off my Recording Custom Kit

baz1949

Reaction score
I realise this is a long long shot but there is no harm in asking. To finish off my MIJ 1978 Recording Custom, which I posted a few weeks ago, I want two items, one is the Snare Drum Stand SS-902 and the other is the Drum Throne DS-901. I live in the UK but would be willing to arrange and pay for postage if anyone can help Thanks Barry

Attachments

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both of those pop up a few times a year on Ebay. I've gotten a couple of those snare stands and that throne in the past year.

If you want them totally correct for your '78 kit you'll want the gold label decal for those stands......used from around 1976-early 1980.

baz1949

Reaction score
Both of those pop up a few times a year on Ebay. I've gotten a couple of those snare stands and that throne in the past year.

If you want them totally correct for your '78 kit you'll want the gold label decal for those stands......used from around 1976-early 1980.
Yep I remember you telling me I got them on the Cymbal Stands and have been offered a 7000 Snare Stand which I think I will go for as an stopgap in case I can't find a SS-902. We are nearly there with the completion of the kit, still waiting for some re-chromed parts

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There is a 910 on eBay now; I have a red label ball-head stand if that would do - no idea what the model # is,,, (looked it up - it's a 920)

Last edited:

baz1949

Reaction score

baz1949

Reaction score
Sorry about that. yep if it's a SS-902 I would like to buy it off you, do you have any pics of it ??
I think we might have our lines crossed here or maybe not. Have you got the SS for sale, or were you telling me that there was one on ebay ? I got the Drum Throne sorted from Counterhoop but am still trying to source the correct Snare Stand Thanks Barry

c.wulf

Reaction score
Yes that's the one, how much do you want and would you be willing to post to the UK. If it's a problem I have a friend in California who you could post it to and he will get it to me, whatever suits you
How about $75 US? I’d prefer to ship to your friend in California, since I’m in California as well. PM me, if this sounds reasonable.

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I may be a little late to the show, but I believe I have both the snare stand and the throne you are looking for. Do the pictures look like what you want?

Yamaha snare stand and throne.jpg

Thumper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think we might have our lines crossed here or maybe not. Have you got the SS for sale, or were you telling me that there was one on ebay ? I got the Drum Throne sorted from Counterhoop but am still trying to source the correct Snare Stand Thanks Barry
Selling - I'll get a pic or two off to you later today.

baz1949

Reaction score
I may be a little late to the show, but I believe I have both the snare stand and the throne you are looking for. Do the pictures look like what you want?

View attachment 488747
Hello yep they are the ones. Firstly if you are selling what price do you want and if you are not willing to post to the UK I have a friend in California zip code 92691