Yamaha 9500C

Tuckerboy

Reaction score
Anyone that is familiar with this particular pedal, I have a question on the footboard angle height adjustment. I was trying to raise the footboard height independent of the beater angle and when the cam screw adjustment is raised and rotated from the lowest possible setting, the screw adjustment (cam) will not completely tighten up on the hex shaft. Even in the lowest footboard position, the cam seems to better lock into place but there is still play in the cam and hex shaft with the screw tightened up. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any insight.
FD78B88A-3B1D-42E6-AEDA-84ED6E69B171.jpeg

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a screw loose! A set screw that is. The cam tightens on to a round piece that is locked to the hex shaft with a set screw. That is probably the culprit. Also check the beater holder set screw as well as the drum key screw on the top of the cam that holds the spring. I use a Yamaha pedal very similar to yours (an older version) and had that set screw come loose. I used Loctite on it when I fixed it and haven't had an issue since. Hope that works for you.

Tuckerboy

Reaction score
Where the cam tightens to the (geared/slotted/notched) round piece on the hex shaft is the area I believe I’m having trouble with. When the set screw is fully tightened, that part of the cam does not tighten up enough to make contact with the round piece and the hex shaft. With the set screw fully tightened it doesn’t make full contact and the cam part will freely rotate 1/8 to 1/4 turn.
Thanks for any suggestions
4C8A5526-E0F0-4688-8584-C3A030CDBBA9.jpeg