header.nohb.html

Yamaha 9500d double bass drum pedals question

donbseattle

Reaction score
I need a new bass drum pedal. I have been playing "Google the pedal" all afternoon and the Yamaha 9500d looks good to me. I have a chance to get a DOUBLE pedal 9500d for a nice price. As in two connected pedals, so that, in the privacy of my practice space, I can secretly practice heavy metal bass drum beats and pretend I am a blast beat blastin head banger. ----ASIDE.....Am I wrong or do blast beats sound like polka beats?--- I really want to use the right pedal by itself 99.95 percent of the time.

DDQ

D onny's

D umb

Q uestion

Can I disconnect the left side pedal when I do not want to use it and just use the right side pedal by itself and no one will ever know that I have the hardware and left side pedal at home?

bpaluzzi

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a new bass drum pedal. I have been playing "Google the pedal" all afternoon and the Yamaha 9500d looks good to me. I have a chance to get a DOUBLE pedal 9500d for a nice price. As in two connected pedals, so that, in the privacy of my practice space, I can secretly practice heavy metal bass drum beats and pretend I am a blast beat blastin head banger. ----ASIDE.....Am I wrong or do blast beats sound like polka beats?--- I really want to use the right pedal by itself 99.95 percent of the time.

DDQ

D onny's

D umb

Q uestion

Can I disconnect the left side pedal when I do not want to use it and just use the right side pedal by itself and no one will ever know that I have the hardware and left side pedal at home?
You can disconnect the linkage and the left hand pedal, but the "main" body will still have the second beater, axle, and spring assembly.

It'll (basically :D) look like this:

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 3.04.32 PM.png

donbseattle

Reaction score
I think I will just get a single Yamaha 9500 single pedal, since my time is better off spent on snare, hh, bd stuff than double bd stuff.

drumr386

Reaction score
I was interested in the same pedal until it was pointed out there are no spurs on the primary.

donbseattle

Reaction score
Thanks, man. I finally figured that out and got a deal on a nice used Direct today!!

donbseattle

Reaction score
Alot of my acquaintances ask me, "DB, why are you such a dumbbell?" One of the many answers is, "Because I recently bought a bass drum pedal, a model I had never tried!" Namely Yamaha FP-9500D. In excellent used shaped.

Direct drive. Turns out that, although tons of drummers like the direct drive, it did not feel right for me.

So now I have to sell it. And I am biting the bullet. I have it out there. 150 free shipping. Ya kiddin me? Hell, I may go back to the 80's Camco Chain Drive (tama camco) that I had for years. Not sure. But the Yamaha is heading for out the door. So if one of you smarter guys has played one before and love this model, let me know!

Signed,

Db the Dumb A**