Yamaha AHM Scarcity

jmato

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who has an AHM kit in orange sparkle with a 14x22 or 14x24 kick they will sell me? New or used.

Anyone?

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I placed two orders in polar white for a 16x20 and 14x24 almost 8 months ago. Still, no word on when they'll arrive. Good luck finding them. Nice color BTW. I'm lucky I got mine when I did.
AHM2021.JPG

DWSlingerland45

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yamaha singles are rare to find in stock. My research through some shops with talkative sales folks revealed what I think is the issue.
Yamaha makes kits in blocks for example they make PHX kits for a period of time, then they make RC kits , then AHM etc etc .. they make the most common add ons based on their internal sales data at the time they're making that " block " of kits. Then when they have enough drums produced to fill a C Container Conex trailer it gets shipped.... I'm currently waiting for a tour custom 13 inch tom approx wait time was 6 months. What they don't do is get an order and stop the presses to make anyone's single drum or complete kit. I wish they'd rethink their add on production amounts to make it easier for the consumer but.......

mutant

Reaction score
I noticed just this week on the Drum Center of Portsmouth Facebook page they mention some new AHM kits.