Yamaha Beech Custom 5 Piece Drum Set with Cases

LarryJ

Reaction score
Beautiful set of Yamaha Beech Customs in Red Apple Lacquer. These were manufactured in late ’97 and early ’98 when Yamaha was still building drums in Japan. These drums are in excellent condition with only a few nicks and dings, the most noticeable ones being highlighted in the accompanying photos. All original to the best of my knowledge except for heads and grosgrain ribbon on snare wires.

14 x 5-1/2 snare, 10 lug, with Aquarian Texture Coated batter and Remo Ambassador snare side heads. Power size (10 x 9, 12 x 10 and 14 x 12) toms with clear Remo Emperor batters and clear Remo Ambassador resos. “Floor” tom is a hanging tom which attaches to a cymbal stand with a clamp and YESS tom holder (clamp and tom holder included). 22 x 16 bass drum with smooth white Remo Ambassador on the batter side and black ported Remo Powerstroke 3 on the reso side.

I bought these from the original owner who kept these in his living room, playing only at home for his own enjoyment. I used them mainly for my church gig before the church bought a set, so they have lived a pretty pampered life.

This sale is for shell pack only. The only hardware included is the YESS double tom mount for the rack toms and a clamp and YESS mount for hanging the “floor” tom from a cymbal stand. Also included is a set of like new Ahead Armor soft cases.

Available for local pickup, no shipping. I will deliver within a hundred mile radius of Huntsville, AL (Nashville, Chattanooga, Birmingham), upon receipt of a $100 non-refundable deposit.

$1050 cash (on pickup) or PayPal (no Friends and Family, I pay the fees). Please no checks or money orders.

kit1.jpg snare1.jpg toms1.jpg toms5.jpg bass1.jpg bass2.jpg bass3.jpg bass4.jpg kit2.jpg kit3.jpg

robthedrummer

Reaction score
That's a good price and I have played the Yamaha beech shells. They sound great. I'd seriously consider buying this myself if the floor tom wasn't a hanging tom.

GLWTS

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I own a shell bank of this exact same model. It’s that good. Really, the best of all worlds, in one shell.

Good luck.

manoeuver

Reaction score
I had a set of these! bought 'em new in 98. Same finish.

Excellent, excellent drums.

Actually got to talk to Hagi about them at an Akira Jimbo clinic. That was awesome. Takeaway: tune 'em high.

Good luck with the sale.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Actually got to talk to Hagi about them at an Akira Jimbo clinic. That was awesome. Takeaway: tune 'em high.
That's funny. I have done several album sessions with this same kit (mine is blueberry, 20/12/14) at studios across L.A. I thought they sound best tuned more on the lower side of the spectrum.