Yamaha Club Custom 13” Black Swirl

c.wulf

Reaction score
It’s a long shot, but if someone has one or sees one for sale, please let me know. Looking for 24,13,16, but would purchase 24,12,13,16,18- preferably with snare.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hey, I’m looking for those sizes, too! Welcome to the club.... (Get it? :laughing2:)

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Dark Wood. You? There was a set in Canada a few months back, but they wouldn’t ship, and I couldn’t find time to get up there.

c.wulf

Reaction score
Dark Wood. You? There was a set in Canada a few months back, but they wouldn’t ship, and I couldn’t find time to get up there.
Since so rare to see for sale, I would do- Black Wood, Dark Wood, Black Swirl or Orange....Blue last. Haha! Where did you see the Canadian kit???

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It was a guy on Kijiji in Toronto, but while I was chatting with him about buying his kit, he got desperate for some quick cash or something and traded it into a local music store before I could stop him. I was in contact with them for a bit, but then it sold. Huge bummer for me.

c.wulf

Reaction score
It was a guy on Kijiji in Toronto, but while I was chatting with him about buying his kit, he got desperate for some quick cash or something and traded it into a local music store before I could stop him. I was in contact with them for a bit, but then it sold. Huge bummer for me.
Noooooooo! Sorry to hear.

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Whoa, you just traded a full set of CCs? You must really want that specific configuration.

(Also, have we talked on FB? Did you just barely get that 18” ft — the one you just traded — from Steve’s in Canada back in December?)

c.wulf

Reaction score
Whoa, you just traded a full set of CCs? You must really want that specific configuration.

(Also, have we talked on FB? Did you just barely get that 18” ft — the one you just traded — from Steve’s in Canada back in December?)
Haha! Yes!

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised to see such a recent demand for Club Customs. When I bought mine two years ago, it was sitting online for sale for a while. I was able to drive the price down to $1269 for a 22/12/14 blue swirl, shipped to my door. The kit was in like new condition, too. I don't remember them being all that expensive, new, either. Maybe in the low $2000s, if I recall correctly?

Good luck with the search.

c.wulf

Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised to see such a recent demand for Club Customs. When I bought mine two years ago, it was sitting online for sale for a while. I was able to drive the price down to $1269 for a 22/12/14 blue swirl, shipped to my door. The kit was in like new condition, too. I don't remember them being all that expensive, new, either. Maybe in the low $2000s, if I recall correctly?

Thanks! Yeah- it’s one of those hindsight 20/20 things for myself and, I think, many others. From what I’ve heard, stores were blowing them out at lower than retail prices, at the end- not on that. I had a CC kit- just not the sizes I truly wanted. :)

dogmanaut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Yeah, personally, I made the mistake of holding out too long for one of the non-swirl finishes. (I‘m fine with the black, but the blue and orange just aren’t my cup of tea.) And on top of that, I was hoping — incorrectly, it turns out — that the prices on the used market would eventually drop, not skyrocket the way they did. Hahaha... silly me. So I missed a few kits along the way, for which I’ve kicked myself repeatedly.

I did eventually get my grubby hands on pretty much my ideal color/configuration, though: an 18/10/12/14 in Dark Wood. And then I added an 18” ft in December when one popped up, but that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to have without a bigger bass drum, and then I might as well just keep going and get all the other sizes, too, right??

c.wulf

Reaction score
Yeah, personally, I made the mistake of holding out too long for one of the non-swirl finishes. (I‘m fine with the black, but the blue and orange just aren’t my cup of tea.) And on top of that, I was hoping — incorrectly, it turns out — that the prices on the used market would eventually drop, not skyrocket the way they did. Hahaha... silly me. So I missed a few kits along the way, for which I’ve kicked myself repeatedly.

I did eventually get my grubby hands on pretty much my ideal color/configuration, though: an 18/10/12/14 in Dark Wood. And then I added an 18” ft in December when one popped up, but that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to have without a bigger bass drum, and then I might as well just keep going and get all the other sizes, too, right??
That will be quite the shell bank!
Yeah- I’m not about the flashy orange or blue, but at this point, for a 24 config, I would probably do it. I passed on that orange shell bank in Austin TX l, because I had the Black Wood, but now kind of kick myself for that, too... ha!

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That will be quite the shell bank!
Yeah- I’m not about the flashy orange or blue, but at this point, for a 24 config, I would probably do it. I passed on that orange shell bank in Austin TX l, because I had the Black Wood, but now kind of kick myself for that, too... ha!
Same! I was in contact with the seller for days to eventually decide and get the 20/14/12 from him but his price was really high and I didn’t think it was gonna sell but it did, for that price!
But I am back at square one, debating if I want a flashy orange kit, so in a way it was good that I didn’t get a set of overpriced CCs. It was a good call! But I do really like the orange finish in 20/14/12.

Last edited:

c.wulf

Reaction score
Same! I was in contact with the seller for days to eventually decide and get the 20/14/12 from him but his price was really high and I didn’t think it was gonna sell but it did, for that price!
But I am back at square one, debating if I want a flashy orange kit, so in a way it was good that I didn’t get a set of overpriced CCs. It was a good call! But I do really like the orange finish in 20/14/12.
I’m shocked it sold at that price... but the orange is the hot finish I suppose. I could see doing it in the 20,12,14 config. I’ll just be patient... and hopefully lucky. Good luck to you as well!

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’m shocked it sold at that price... but the orange is the hot finish I suppose. I could see doing it in the 20,12,14 config. I’ll just be patient... and hopefully lucky. Good luck to you as well!
I don’t think the seller expected either, he told me he didn’t think it will sell at that price and he may need to lower the price after some time but It did sell. Thanks, good luck to you as well. The black and the dark wood are the easiest to get a deal on.

Jazzhead

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you know of any, please share.
There was one on Reverb last week in dark wood but it was local pick up only, if you talked to the seller he might have shipped it. There is another one currently. Good price and accepts offers.

c.wulf

Reaction score
The good news: I found a Black Swirl 24,12,14,16 w/snare.
The bad news: I just missed the 13!!!
So, time to post in the drum orphan thread! Ha! Let me know if you see one out there! Good luck to everyone!