Yamaha Club Customs

jazzerone

Reaction score
After the big summer sell off here of Club Customs, when I had not dime one to spend, I have won the lottery and now have millions!

Okay... no lottery win and no millions, but enough spare change in the couch cushions to maybe pull this off. If there's anything out there... I know these are hard to come by, but I have faith that somewhere somebody has a nice CC that's gathering dust or has been orphaned behind some USA's. Plus Christmas is just around the corner and we all need extra cash, right?

So, here's what I'm looking for...

20" bass drum, but no bigger than 22. 10" or 12" rack tom. 14" or 16" floor tom. No snare. 3 piece, but maybe 4. Prefer orange swirl, but any swirl would be okay. No solid finish, though.

Anybody?

ps... Just in case there's any interest, I have a REALLY nice Gretsch New Classic bop kit. 18" bd, 10" & 12" rack toms, 14" floor, Maxwell rail mount. Trade? Sale?

R

RickP

Steve's Music in Toronto has a NOS Swirl Black kit in 22/10/12/14/16 with matching snare in stock.

BlackPearl

Reaction score
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-drum-percussion/st-johns/yamaha-club-custom-drum-set/1087024165

5 piece set of orange swirl on kijiji on canada. The exchange rate could make this a good deal for those in US. Price is in Canadian $. I know this kit was brought in for a clinic, was in the music store for quite a while,and has been for sale on kijiji for quite a while. Not a big market locally for these. I have no connection with the sale

jacebart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
man, you guys sure do have the canadian connection! if you see any stay and single orange swirl toms, please let me know!

tomo221

Reaction score
BlackPearl said:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-drum-percussion/st-johns/yamaha-club-custom-drum-set/1087024165

5 piece set of orange swirl on kijiji on canada. The exchange rate could make this a good deal for those in US. Price is in Canadian $. I know this kit was brought in for a clinic, was in the music store for quite a while,and has been for sale on kijiji for quite a while. Not a big market locally for these. I have no connection with the sale
I'm not too familiar with Kijiji, but I'm seriously considering this kit. If the seller agrees to ship it, am I protected in any way if I pay via Paypal (as I would be on Ebay)?

BlackPearl

Reaction score
Kijiji is roughly the equivilent of Craigslist. Its become quite popular here in Canada. Paypal does offer some sort of buyer protection, as long as you dont use Paypal "gift". Not sure how, or how well, it works though.

jacebart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
if any of you fellas end up getting the kit but don't dig the 10; or, if you already know you don't want the 10, drop me an email at jacebart@uchicago.edu. i'd be happy to give you a good price for it. i've got the 12, 14 20 and would really like to add to the kit.

jacebart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
yes indeedy. thanks. they look great but i need me some singles in orange swirl. i've got 12, 14 20 but i want more!

jazzerone

Reaction score
Never mind, go ahead.... I found my kit! Not orange, not swirlie, black and in the sizes I need... 20/10/12/14. Thanks for all the leads, guys.

Now check out the For Sale section where my New Classics will be on the block.

jacebart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, now that Jazzerone is all set, safe and sound with his very own CCs, I can refer all you discontented orange swirlers to my separate post, begging for singles! I have a 5.5 x 14 snare if you wanna give up anything you've got!