Yamaha Crosstown Hardware

GHawk

Reaction score
Hello

Anyone use Yamaha Crosstown Hardware? I'm thinking of getting the pack, 1 snare, 1 hihat and 2 cymbal stands. Hoping to save my back the pain of moving traditional hardware about.

jaymandude

Reaction score
The search function is your friend. A good friend. A trusted friend. One you can count on for support. One that will make a late night Whataburger run for you. One that will pony up money when you get arrested for driving off road in your 1978 rusted out Blazer. So many things....

The search function is your friend.

Yes, it's a great pack. Somepeople don't like the hi hat, others prefer flat based cymbal stands. But overall it's fantastic for me..

mcirish

Reaction score
Drummer I work with bought that hardware to help save his back. He's been very happy with it. Seems solid enough and the weight difference is pretty big.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I like mine a lot but the matte finish does get marked up a bit in my hardware bag. I did buy the hi hat stand but with the lack of spring adjustment I haven’t used it.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello

Anyone use Yamaha Crosstown Hardware? I'm thinking of getting the pack, 1 snare, 1 hihat and 2 cymbal stands. Hoping to save my back the pain of moving traditional hardware about.
It's fantastic. I love it, use it all the time, and I can recommend it. Extremely light compared to "normal" single-braced hardware.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Want to save your back? I own two sets of these. Won't use anything else, including with my new Yamaha small format kit:
I can't get behind that snare basket. I had snare stands like that when I was getting started. They were terrible. I'm sure Tama has improved upon that design, but it went away for a reason.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I can't get behind that snare basket. I had snare stands like that when I was getting started. They were terrible. I'm sure Tama has improved upon that design, but it went away for a reason.
The old style ones with that basket did suck. I love the Tama incarnation of it. Extremely compact and light. Like I said, I have two complete sets from that series, but I have an extra snare stand from the series because it's so convenient (I sometimes play with just a snare drum and brushes when I am forced into extremely cramped spaces.)

TorchmanRG

Reaction score
I bought the pack. I had been using the 6 and 7 series single-braced hardware and still the weight difference is huge. I got it just before this whole lock-down thing started, so I can't offer any feedback about how roadworthy it is, but it seems pretty solid.

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've owned first gen DW flush-based, DW UL, the Tama Classic stuff, and the Crosstown. I like the Crosstown the best and Tama was second best. The DW was great but I just really like smooth pedals, so I never really got used to them. My "home" hardware is Yamaha 700 series and this stuff more or less feels like that once it's set up but WAY lighter when carrying it. I'm a huge fan. Use the bags that come with the hardware to keep scuffs away.

Last edited:

Matched Gripper

Reaction score
It looks like a replica of a vintage Ludwig stand.

Last edited:

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought the Crosstown hardware pack immediately upon its release. I've gigged with it multiple times. It's been fantastic. No issues here. Definitely saves a LOT of weight and space in my car, too.

kickassdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Want to save your back? I own two sets of these. Won't use anything else, including with my new Yamaha small format kit:
I owned a full set of these and gigged them regularly, and they held up great. But one gig, my bandmate knocked into one of the stands with his headstock and nearly sent my Paiste 17" Fast Crash falling to the floor (if I hadn't caught it, lord knows how). Flat-based isn't necessarily tops in stability. I'm using the Yamaha Crosstown pack now and absolutely love it as you get the weight savings but the stability of a real tripod.

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have the pack and like it. Definitely gig worthy. No spring tension on hi hat is not a problem for me since the tension is right about where I like it anyway.

My only negative is the look, which got me TONS of comments on gigs it felt like. Everyone, even guitar players, seemed to notice them and ask about them. Not like that's a huge deal, but they were upstaging me and my drums!

edplaysthedrums

Reaction score
I have not tried the Yamaha, but I did buy the DW (didn't like after trying Tama), Tama (didn't like after trying Pearl) Pearl (LOVE) and gibraltar is the Pearl basically just a tad heavier. My 2 cents, the lightweight Pearl holds up against the heavy, ridiculous hardware out there.
Ed

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a Crosstown pack today . I am waiting for a third cymbal stand to come on before I start using it .
I love my Tama Classic series stands but for outdoor gigs where it gets windy , it can get to be a bit of an adventure .

Latest posts