header.nohb.html

Yamaha Crosstown Hi Hat Stands Question

donbseattle

Reaction score
I have slowly been sneaking Yamaha Crosstown Hardware into my setup. And I really am digging it. I have two of the Crosstown cymbal stands. Just ordered the snare stand. Now I am thinking about getting the Crosstown hi hat stand. Currently I am using a light hi hat stand made by another big company. It works well, BUT I cannot adjust to as low a height as I want. I want it closer to my snare height. Not AT my snare height, but about 4 inches above the snare height. I will be chopping the upper tube of my current hi hat stand, which I believe will allow me to lower it to where I want it, BUT, I am still interested in the Crosstown, because it is a lighter stand and I am on a lighter hardware crusade. I know the Yamaha Crosstown lacks a tension adjustment, but I am not concerned about that.
My question for any of you good folks who may currently be playing a Yamaha Crosstown Hi Hat stand is..........what is the lowest height to which you can adjust your Crosstown hi hat? Meaning how high is your bottom hi hat cymbal off of the floor at that point?
Any assistance will be appreciated.
Once I solve the hi hat quest, I will be looking for the lightest decent drum throne.

Cheers,

Db

hefty

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
25.5". Looks low enough for a kid to use.

PXL_20210825_201728190.jpg